Friday, April 4, 2014

Five on Friday – Vol. 29

Happy Friday to all of you and to the lovely hostesses of 5 on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness.

image

Let’s just dive right in, shall we?!

ONE – BNB #3 - I got my third and final Bird Nest Box yesterday!  They stepped up their packing game, and everything was packaged much better than the previous two boxes.  My necklace was in tact (and so pretty!), and they sent a little wallet that is so perfect for springtime and summer.  This necklace is making its debut today, and I think it is going to put a delightful perk in my Friday step!  (Side note – I’m painting my nails this weekend, don’t judge that little unpolished thumb – eek!)

BNB April BNB April 2

TWO – Austin and I are doing this squat and ab challenge for the month of April (via Pinterest via this website).  I’m a little embarrassed to admit I’m already sore.  Twenty-six days to go!  I must confess that we tried in March and quickly got lazy and quit, but so far (four days in, ha!) we are doing better in April. 

squat & ab challenge

THREE – Blog goals – Austin “gave me” a blog redesign as part of my birthday gift last month, and I really want to make time this weekend to research that and start that process.  I also just need to spend some time with my pal Google educating myself on some other blog-related things.  Here are a few lovely inspiration pins:

blog insp (1) blog insp (3) blog insp (2)

images: saffron avenue:snippet & ink:saffron avenue/I see more pinning in my future!

FOUR – I love me some quiche, and I had a plethora of onions that needed to be used, so what better solution than caramelized onion quiche for supper last night?  I am delighted to have leftovers of this to eat on for the next few days.  The recipe is an old one I tore out of Southern Living – I highly recommend for any fellow quiche lovers.  This dinner reminded me a bit of my favorite lunch at Broad Street – one of my favorite spots in Jackson! 

IMG_3730 

FIVE – These little guys have got to get in the mail today!  Thank goodness I get to keep one because I think they are oh-so-cute.  I’m kind of having an arrow “moment” right now, and I was so excited that Brooke is too, giving me the chance to incorporate that into the invites – I think with the green envelopes sealed with that cute orange washi tape that these are going to be so presh!

shower invite 1 shower invite 3

 

For the first time in a while, we do not have plans tonight – I think we are going to go for a run if the weather is suitable for that, and then I’m looking forward to reading all of the lovely 5 on Friday posts! 

6 comments:

  1. Happy Friday, Emily! Drooling over your scrumptious looking quiche! YUM! Adoring the arrows + washi tape cuteness!! ;) ... Enjoy your plan free evening! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that quiche looks SO good! We've tried a monthly squat challenge a few times before but never seem to make it through! We miss one day and then it's all downhill from there. Good luck to you guys, you can do it! Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got a good Bird Nest Box this time around. That necklace is so pretty! Hope you find some time to play around with a new blog design this weekend - can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quiche looks fabulous!!! And I'm loving your blog redesign inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quiche looks amazing! Hoping you'll share the recipe! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Love you blog, found you via Five on Friday! :)
    Just thought I'd send you some information for my blog designer since I just had mine revamped and I love it! Her email is kellyhipsher@gmail.com and she can do anything!! I actually used one of the photos you posted above for my inspiration... the "all the things" design. Check my blog out and definitely keep Kelly in mind. :)
    -Cassie
    http://www.livingoncloud9ine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete