Friday, April 25, 2014

5 on Friday – Vol. 32

Happy Friday to all of you and to the lovely hostesses of 5 on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness!

image

My work week is over!  I took today off work to head “home” to spend the weekend with my mom and sister.  Why are four day weeks infinitely better than five day work weeks?  I’m hitting the road this morning and will make it to town in time to have lunch with my mom at her school, and then my sister gets out of school early on Fridays (the perks of senior year), so we will get to hang out all afternoon!

hello weekendimage source

ONE – The main reason for my trip is that Mary Katherine and I are doing our first color run tomorrow morning.  The run is actually in College Station, so we will have to make the quick drive over there in the morning and after the race.  We are both color run newbies, but I have been warned by my sister-in-law to wear a hat and sunglasses as the colored powder can get in your eyes and can be hard to get out of your hair –eeek!  Any other tips from color run veterans? 

colorup5k2

TWO – Austin and I are morning coffee drinkers – every morning we share a pot of coffee, and this is honestly one of my very favorite parts of our morning routine.  I like to sip on a cup while I’m having my quiet time, while I’m blogging, while I’m packing my lunch – basically all morning until I start getting ready. 

Austin pretty much always makes our coffee at night and sets it to go off right about the time our alarm first goes off in the morning.  Well last night at about 10:00, we realized we were totally OUT of coffee.  Neither of us was about to go to the grocery store at that hour, and so this morning we are having TEA.  Not quite the same, and you better believe I will be getting a nice big latte for the road on my way out of town!  I hope this “Awake” tea does its job this morning.

IMG_3840

THREE -   Although I was not happy about the coffee situation, Austin surprised me when I got home from work yesterday with two bunches of pretty tulips, and that was such a sweet treat that I really couldn’t get too upset about the coffee mishap :)  I moved these pretty yellow guys over to the table where I’m blogging this morning just so I can enjoy being in their presence! 

IMG_3834

IMG_3843 

FOUR – This week was a good week for my ears – ok that is a pretty odd statement.  I had a late visit from the Easter bunny via USPS (via my in-laws!) this week in the form of new mint Kendra Scotts, and one of my co-workers and friends gave me a pair of gorgeous earrings that she wasn’t really wearing and thought I would like.  I love them both, and I’ve already worn each pair once this week.  Earrings are totally my jewelry weakness, and I’m pretty sure new earrings have been one of my Friday five before.  Love love love! 

IMG_3832

FIVE – As soon as I get back in town on Sunday, I’m meeting up with two of my co-hostesses for next weekend’s baby shower to do some finalizing of plans.  I can’t wait to see this sweet little boy baby shower come together!  My paper straw obsession continues, and those were the very first thing I bought for this shower. 

IMG_3829

12 comments:

  1. Take a couple of towels & extra bottles of water with you to the run. I've done two runs and while the color definitely doesn't hurt the interior of your car, you'll feel a lot better about getting into it if you can kind of sponge bath the color off after the race. Also... it helps to get it off sooner rather than later. My last color run I laid out on a rock at the white water center for about 3 hours before going home to shower. I was green for the remainder of the weekend! Have a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me smile, Emily! Hooray for a shorter work week and time with family!! Have fun at the color fun tomorrow!! Your tulips are gorgeous! How sweet of your hubby! I adore your stunning new earrings too! Paper straws + polka dots = yes, please!! Have fun with those baby shower plans! Sounds like a fantastic long weekend awaits! Enjoy every fabulous lit'l bit of it!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new earrings are cute!! Have a great color run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That coffee thing happens all too often around here, I've started buying backups to avoid coffee-less mornings! Have fun at the color run!! Can't wait to read about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. have fun at the colour run! so jealous, i want to do one!! those flowers are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tulips are my fav!!! Have so much fun at the color run!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Color Runs are a blast! Yes it will stain white clothes (I now have a rainbow colored sports bra) and it does take a few washes to get out of your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love those mint earrings! so pretty. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun at the 5k! And those flowers are stunning -- so sweet! I'm with you on the coffee -- I drink mine right when I get to work and it's so nice to enjoy it while I sort through emails, look over my checklists (and blogs...shh). Have a great weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those tulips are DIVINE! I can't wait to get moved in and fill our house with fresh flowers!!! And I'm still swooning over paper straw too...they're just so dang CUTE! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love tulips! Nothing better than fresh flowers. And I still need a pair of those Kendra Scott earrings - the mint color is perfect for spring! Hope you had a great weekend and can't wait to hear all about the color run! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tulips are amazing! I love kendra scott earrings. I am always on the look out for similar styles on the cheap.

    ReplyDelete