Friday, April 18, 2014

5 on Friday – Vol. 31

Happy Friday to all of you and to the lovely hostesses of 5 on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness!

image

ONE – Good Friday is today, and I always find myself a little somber and a little sad on Good Friday.  Easter is my very favorite holiday, and I can’t wait for Sunday, but thinking about Jesus’ sacrifice all those years ago and the pain that was felt on this day is so humbling.

Isaiah 53-5

TWO – Tomorrow our church is hosting a downtown Easter run for the first time, and Austin and I are excited to run in it and to get to see lots of our church friends for a fun Saturday morning run and brunch.  The run we are participating in is a 4 mile course, and there will also be a 1 mile family fun run and lots of activities for children.  I think it will be a fun way to spend a Saturday morning!  Austin and I ran 4 miles yesterday just to boost our confidence that we can actually go that far since we have been sticking to shorter runs lately, so we should make it… hopefully!  If you’re local and want more details, go here –> dallaseasterrun.com

FDER

THREE – Last Saturday I started my day off with a Katy Trail run with my friend Cam, and then we went to breakfast at Dream Cafe.  I HIGHLY recommend the granola crusted french toast.  I haven’t really been able to stop thinking about it for the past six days!  It combined two of my favorite things (granola + french toast) and then made them even better with the addition of whipped cream, strawberries, and syrup – YUM. 

DC Brunch 1

FOUR – My office is having a little Easter potluck today, and I am taking this fun and festive bunny bait.  Wouldn’t you know that when I started poking around on Pinterest for a recipe, I found one on Darci’s blog!  So, thank you, Darci for hosting this wonderful link up and for your bunny bait guidance :)

bunny bait 2

FIVE – Next year for Easter lunch, this NEEDS to happen on my table.  I can’t think of a better use for calligraphy than place cards on these precious little Easter baskets – I die!  This year I don’t really have my act together and haven’t even done my grocery shopping for Easter lunch.  It will just be me and Austin, so we probably won’t have cute place cards.  We have had friends over for lunch in the past on Easter, and I’d love to start doing that again next year.  Thank goodness for Pinterest to remind me of this adorableness!  Source for these cute little things = The House that Lars Built.

Easter Placecards  

Happy Easter weekend! 

10 comments:

  1. Cute idea for the bunny bait! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy celebrating our risen Savior this weekend, and always!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg that breakfast looks amazing. i need to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Friday definitely brings somber thoughts to mind--but it's a good thing for us to remember the mourning that came before the Resurrection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That breakfast looks absolutely delicious!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun on your run tomorrow! And I agree with you about feeling somber on Good Friday - our God is so good to us, and His love is overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your run tomorrow! Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Granola + french toast sounds like an amazing combination! It looks amazing! Good luck with the run and hope you guys have a great Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun on your run. I must now search on Pinterest for granola French toast, and then get myself to the Dream Cafe next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! That bunny bait looks delicious! Those place cards are also gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete