Friday, April 11, 2014

5 on Friday – Vol. 30

Happy Friday to all of you and to the lovely hostesses of 5 on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness.

image

ONE – I finished this book earlier this week.  Have any of y’all read it – did that really happen!?  My mind was blown at the end.  That was NOT the ending I was expecting.  I won’t say anything more, but goodness gracious I was shocked!

Allegiant

TWO – Cute cards of the week – April card from mom and a birthday card for my Grandma! 

HBD Easter   HBD April 2014

THREE – I’m hosting a baby shower at church this weekend, and I have a little pink and green section of my study that I’ve been adding to for weeks now.  I’m also making baby bundt cakes tomorrow in this pan (borrowed from my Mom but she got it at Target).  I think I might die over how tiny and cute they are going to be!

shower stuff 1 mini bundt pan

FOUR – I kind of can’t wait for tomorrow to be here – I’m really looking forward to my day of running and breakfast with a friend, last minute errands and baking for Sunday’s shower, and a much needed hair appointment for a trim and highlights.  Hurry up, Saturday!

FIVE – I procrastinated big time on shopping for an Easter dress, but I finally ordered one yesterday morning.  Thank goodness it has already shipped - A+ on that customer service since I put a comment in with my order that I was hoping to have it for Easter.  I ordered from Devon Baer and I’m praying it fits because I really do not have a plan B.  I am obsessed with the dress I ordered (well, I’m obsessed with most everything on her website, really!) and can’t wait for it to arrive.   I definitely need a ruffled tunic in my life next!  Plus, everything is made in the USA, and I always love to support companies that make that a priority. 

Happy weekend!  See y’all next week with a recap of the baby shower I’m hosting on Sunday!

19 comments:

  1. omg I feel the same about allegiant! Like REALLY!??? I was super angry.

    Tattered to Taylored

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby shower decorations look cute, I just love those straws! My mom is always sending my cute cards like that too! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about Allegiant! I totally did not see that one coming. Sounds like you have a great Saturday in the plans this weekend... hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those mini bundt cakes are going to be too cute!! Looking forward to hearing how the baby shower goes :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. shoot! i need to hurry up and read insurgent! and see divergent in the theater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cards are adorable! And I haven't read Allegiant -- but maybe I should? Those bundt cakes will be fab, I'm sure!
    Happy Friday!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mini bundt cake idea and all the pink and green! Have a fabulous weekend and enjoy your pampering at the salon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to re-read the Divergent series, because I quit reading the last book after the 4th chapter because there was so much time that went by in between reading it. Is the ending a GOOD surprise, at least?

    Oooo baby bundt cakes! Yum!! Let us know how they turn out!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just started divergent, so thank you for not spoiling ;) i dont have an easter dress yet either! oops :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baby bundt cakes and a hair appointment sounds fab! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog too, girl! You're a no-reply blogger so I can't respond by email and wanted to give you some love! Your weekend sounds glorious, enjoy it hun!!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds fantastic! Love the dresses on Devon Baer's website. So beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A hair appointment? Sounds fabulous! And the Devon Baer website is too cute! i love their dresses and tops.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by from the link up: can't wait to see pictures from the shower! Those mini-bundt cakes should be way too adorable. And your mom sends you cards? I love that! So sweet! Have a fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hosting that shower sounds like it will be so fun! I love party planning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cards are sooo cute! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, man, the entire reading world was up in arms about Allegiant! I... liked it. Love the color scheme for the shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the cards! Have fun hosting the shower this weekend! I'm sure it'll be fabulous! (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. This just reminded me that I totally forgot about getting/ordering an Easter dress!! I've been feeling like I have so much time until Easter but now it's crazy that it's already next weekend! Hope the mini bundt cakes turn out well- yum! Happy Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I still need to read the second book in that series... and see the movie. I have yet to find a dress for Easter.... My problem is that I like too many things!

    ReplyDelete