Monday, March 31, 2014

Grilled Pineapple & Other Good Things from the Weekend

This weekend had a lot of highlights and fun things, but the grilled pineapple we had for dessert at supper club on Friday night might just top the list.  Trip and Lindsay did a wonderful job of hosting us, and we had quite the Hawaiian feast!  They made tasty mango and avocado salsa, pork, cilantro rice, and roasted asparagus, and then of course we had the amazing pineapple for dessert.  I think there was cinnamon and honey involved in the grilling of the pineapple, and the ice cream on top was so perfect.  Yum!  My parents are actually going to Hawaii soon, and after Friday night, I’m really not even all that jealous (I’ll keep telling myself that!). 

Trip grabbed my camera and snapped some party pics, which sure were fun to look through when I was putting this post together.  A select few made the blog.  As you can see, Ali was really the only one good at posing every time Trip popped out from around the corner.  

IMG_3707 IMG_3705 IMG_3706

IMG_3710 IMG_3716

The week wore me out, as most weeks do, and I’m embarrassed to say (not really) that I dozed off at Trip and Lindsay’s while we were visiting after dessert.  As any of my friends know, that is pretty much par for the course for me if the clock at all past 10:00 p.m.

Saturday morning came bright and early as I headed to a park in Dallas for the first of two Play Days that are part of my provisional project with the Junior League.  We worked with an organization called Play Like a Girl to host a play day encouraging girls to get outside and play!  The organization’s main goal is to end childhood obesity. 

PLAG Arts (2)

PLAG - 2 PLAG - 5

The team of girls that I have been working with were in charge of bringing an arts element to the day, and we had a station where the girls could get their face painted, make a ribbon wand for ribbon dancing, and color with sidewalk chalk.  The face painting was a huge hit, as expected!  We are doing this again next Saturday, and hopefully we will luck out with more pretty weather.   

On Sunday we had a great morning at church, then I took a lovely nap, and then we went back to church for The Marriage Project.  This week we got to go on a limo tour of Dallas with several other couples – we felt so fancy! 

IMG_3721 IMG_3718

IMG_3725

All in all it was a wonderful weekend, and I’m looking forward to a great week.  I cannot believe it will be April in just a few days.  I’m looking forward to hosting a baby shower in two weeks, prepping for another baby shower that will happen in May, Easter (my favorite holiday!), an Easter run here in Dallas, and a Color Run in College Station with my sister later this month.  Fun times ahead!  

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend - I'm the same way about falling asleep...if I start to wind down the night and I'm on a couch I'm as good as out!! Loved your outfit for the tour around Dallas!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are big fans of grilled pineapple in our house. I've never thought to add cinnamon & honey or ice cream though. I'll have to keep that in mind the next time we indulge in dessert! Love the skirt you're wearing, it's adorable. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had grilled pineapple in Hawaii on our honeymoon and it is SO.GOOD! I've never thought about making it at home but I may have to try it out :) Yay for the return of grilling season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm craving grilled pineapple! Yum, yum, yum that sounds so delicious. Your Junior League project sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday morning. Glad you had such a fun weekend!
    From Mississippi With Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun weekend...I cannot stay up late for the life of me!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveee grilled pineapple with ice cream! The perfect combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you were a busy girl this weekend! That pineapple and ice cream looks yummy!

    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete