Friday, March 7, 2014

Five on Friday – Vol. 25

Ok so I might be more excited than any Friday ever before writing today’s post!  My parents and one of my sisters are coming to visit tomorrow for the weekend, and the day seriously cannot pass fast enough.  Happy Friday to all of you and to the lovely hostesses of 5 on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness.

image

ONE – I haven’t seen my family since January, and I’m more than ready to spend the weekend with these peeps!  Hopefully Dad is more excited tomorrow than he was in this pic… he needs to perk up a little bit. 

Thanksgiving

TWO – One thing on our agenda tomorrow is a trip to the Dallas Arboretum.  Last year we visited here with my Mammo and Pop when they came to Dallas, and I can’t wait to go back!  I’ve been checking the weather like a crazy lady all week, and I’m really hoping it will not rain.  We are having dinner at Benihanna on Saturday night, and I’m all kinds of thrilled about that.  My sister, Mary Katherine, requested dinner here.  I haven’t been in AGES.  It should be fun and delicious!  

Arboretum trip 2013

Arboretum trip 2013 (2) 

THREE – I just can’t resist sharing my March cards from years past – they make me so happy hanging by my desk in our study nook! 

March kites March birthday bird March handstiched

FOUR –I’m making this baked oatmeal with blueberries for a late breakfast for us once they arrive tomorrow morning.  No one loves oatmeal quite as much as my mom, and I think tomorrow morning it might be a little chilly outside, so this should be a perfect warm breakfast to get our day going.  Austin is also going to make some of his famous eggs (seriously he is the BEST egg cooker). 

baked oatmeal BHG

FIVE – My second Bird Nest Box from Deja Vu came in the mail this week, and it contained a cute tumbler that I’m loving (it has a bird on it, of course I love it).  It also had a super cute necklace, but my necklace arrived broken in TWO different places – such a disappointment!  Last month my necklace was broken, but I managed to fix it and it is now wearable.  This one I cannot fix though.  After two broken ones in a row, I emailed the store to let them know about the problem, and I got a very quick and nice response from the online store manager, Amy, who said she is sending me out two new necklaces today since I’ve received two broken ones in the past.  Hopefully those arrive here safe, sound, and soon!

DJV tumbler

20 comments:

  1. Happy Friday, Emily! Beautiful snapshots & those flowers are gorgeous!! Enjoy the time with your family this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of those tulips is making me so happy. I am so ready for flip flops + jean shorts! Cheers to the weekend, sweetness! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the hop! Have a wonderful weekend with your family! Enjoy every moment! Love the pictures of the tulips!

    Amy @ keepin' up with the Smiths
    lukeandamysmith..blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYAY for family time! Y'all have FUN together!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have an amazing weekend girlie, seems like you have some funnn things planned!! Happy to be a new follower here!

    Tattered to Taylored

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need a beautiful weekend around here, although last Saturday was pretty amazing. Have fun with your family. (Also, I'm loving your trench in the Arboretum pic above!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the beautiful flower pictures with us! Have fun with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tumbler!!!!!! How precious! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummm, love Benihana! You should join their birthday club, you get a $30 gift certificate to use in the month of your birthday - we always have my birthday dinner there :) Have a wonderful weekend with your fam!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That oatmeal looks divine! I hope you and your family have a lovely (and rain-free) weekend! Loving those flower pictures too! So ready for spring! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep saying I need to do a monthly subscription box I just have no idea which one to go with!!! (never heard of this one though so I need to check it out) ps you have the prettiest hair I have even seen- random but fact. haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great time with your beautiful family! And that oatmeal looks yum -- I'm trying to like oatmeal more and that looks like something I would actually enjoy!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of the Bird Nest box but it looks so cute! I love that tumbler. I'm checking out your other posts now to learn more about it. I'm happy to hear they have good customer service... that's a must!!
    Have a great weekend!
    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Family visits are the BEST! I haven't seen my Mom since Christmas & she'll be visiting me next week! I can't wait!

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum I might have to try that oatmeal recipe too, it looks delish! Have tons of fun with your family this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful family! Enjoy your time with them! I am so looking forward to spring too. Those tulips in your picture are so pretty - one of my favorite flowers. So glad to hear about the good customer service with your Bird Nest Box. I might have to check it out!

    Katelyn
    http://realhousewifeofgreenville.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my those flowers at the Dallas Arboretum... my word. gorgeous. enjoy some family time. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like you have such a fun weekend ahead! Enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that tumbler is SO cute!!! Hope you had a great time with the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those berries make baked oatmeal look good!! I may have to try that tomorrow morning--the husband will home, that may call for a special breakfast!

    ReplyDelete