Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Bunnies, Carrots, and Eggs Galore

We are so very close to the official start of spring, and our weather here in Dallas finally seems to be on board with that fact.  With spring comes Easter, which happens to be my most favorite holiday.  I am loving that Easter is a little later this year, which means I can enjoy Easter decorations even longer than usual.  Honestly, our house kind of looks like it is always decorated for Easter with my love of eggs and nests and birds that tend to spring up in every single room, but the Easter season and start of spring is a chance to really take that over the top. 

IMG_3621

You’ve seen my mom’s craftiness on the blog many times before, but she might have outdone herself with this adorable spring garland she sent me in the mail last week.  There was a lot of squealing going on when I was hanging this little guy up this weekend!  She sent a ribbon and the above Easter items for me to assemble the garland on my own. 

IMG_3620 IMG_3622

I have two small clear command hooks that I’ve kept up on the side of our bar from Christmas – I hung our Christmas cards on them back in December, then a Valentine’s garland that I already had went up in February, but they’ve been bare for a few weeks.  This is definitely my favorite garland to grace those hooks!

IMG_3635

IMG_3639

IMG_3623 IMG_3624 IMG_3628

It is such a little fun pop of spring, and I’m going to be terribly sad to take it down – probably not until at least May.  I will be stretching out the Easter decor as long as possible. 

Possibly my favorite thing to come out at Easter is my moss bunny from the all time best store in Jackson ever – the Everyday Gardner.  I’m so sad I didn’t get to pop in last weekend!  This little guy might have had a friend come home with me if I had.  Yes, there is a tiny blue egg in his basket – I die! 

IMG_3641

Now I used to have these salt and pepper shakers out year round, but we got some others when we got married, so these have been retired to springtime only.  I was glad to welcome them back when I got them out this weekend.  They make me happier than salt and pepper shakers probably should!

IMG_3642

Has spring sprung at your house?  Don’t you think Paper Source is going to want to put my mom on the payroll after that precious garland?! 

On another note, I can’t let today’s blog post go up without wishing a very happy birthday to my sweet mother-in-law, Suann!  We are excited to get to celebrate this weekend!  We are going on another segway tour this weekend in Austin, so this picture from our first one seemed appropriate to post :)

IMG_0681

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I can't wait for spring to begin! Well I'm sorry I missed your birthday but I hope it was happy happy happy! Love that Easter garland. Just precious!

    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete