Monday, March 17, 2014

Birthday Weekend

I had such a wonderful birthday weekend!  It was so fun to get to see so many friends in the short period of time that I was in Jackson.  I wish it had been a longer visit, but I’ll take what I can get when it comes to Jackson visits! 

On my way to Mississippi on Friday, I stopped and had a delicious fried catfish lunch with my grandparents.  It was such a treat to get to celebrate with them on my actual birthday.  Our waitress was a hoot, and she loved to tease both of my grandfathers (they are Friday regulars).  She brought me a delicious piece of Oreo pie since it was my birthday.  I also managed to sample the bread pudding that is a must on Fridays at this particular restaurant according to my Pop! 

IMG_3569 IMG_3574

IMG_3576 IMG_3579

I refueled with gas and coffee in Ruston after lunch then made the last part of my trip.  My first stop in Jackson was at Hobby Lobby – I needed to kill a little bit of time and I had a birthday gift card burning a hole in my pocket.  I had a fun time browsing and picked up a few cute things that I’m sure will make their way onto the blog in no time. 

After my delightful pass through Hobby Lobby, I headed to dinner with Rebecca, Deanna, Eleanor, and Deanna’s roommate (who coincidentally was also celebrating her birthday and is also named Rebecca!).  We had such a fun time catching up, and I’m so glad I got to see all of them!!  The whole night was just wonderful, and the grit cake under my salmon that was shaped like Mississippi was definitely a highlight! 

IMG_3580  IMG_3586

IMG_3582 

IMG_3588 

Saturday morning prep for the engagement party started bright and early, and I met some of my law school friends downtown to help set up for the party.  Even though there were about twenty of us planning this from all over the place, it all came together somehow and we had a ball celebrating Emily and Matt! 

IMG_3592

I really wish that orange netting was not in the background of every picture, but there was really nothing I could do about that :) 

IMG_3591 IMG_3595

Mom’s cute banner was a hit, and I loved the fun paper straws that I’ve been saving for this ever since randomly seeing them at Target weeks ago.

IMG_3593 IMG_3596

Sweet Sue Ann even brought me a festive birthday cupcake to the parade.  I miss these friends and loved getting to catch up with everyone – I cannot believe it has almost been three years since we graduated!  

IMG_3603

IMG_3605

IMG_3606 IMG_3608

IMG_3610 IMG_3600

No one was surprised when Emily showed up with face tats – she is kind of the face tat queen, and we quickly all got in line to get some extra St. Patrick’s Day spirit on our cheeks. 

IMG_3619

IMG_3616

IMG_3618

I so wish Austin could have made it to Jackson for the party and parade on Saturday, but he had some flight issues on Friday night and wasn’t able to be there – I missed him, but I ended up driving home Saturday evening, and we had a great Sunday together yesterday!  The weekend was a whirlwind, but it was so fun and special to get to spend part of it in Jackson and see so many old friends.  Happy official St. Patrick’s Day! 

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous birthday weekend!! I'm sure those sweet memories will be cherished for years to come!! ... Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to a fabulous birthday weekend!!!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday weekend! Happy St. Patty's Day!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a fun party! Love the banner and the straws! :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete