Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Back at it – Finally!

Well skipping my Monday blog post was definitely unintentional, and I’ve been missing the blog so far all week!  This week is full to the brim of evening meetings, and I’ve had some longer than usual days so far, but I’m glad to be getting back on track with a Wednesday post. 

Our weather in Texas was absolutely CRAZY this weekend, as you may already know if (a) you live here or (b) you read other blogs with Texas authors.  Friday night, Austin and I went on a little date to a delicious seafood restaurant in Dallas, and we considered sitting outside – the weather was so nice!  See how happy I was about the great weather, my new earrings (which I have worn every day since Friday!), and a Friday night date night?  Not the best pic, but I can assure you, you will see more of these earrings dangling from my ears in future pictures. 

earring selfie

On Saturday morning, I went to my friend Tiffany’s house for some calligraphy practice, and it was a cool and crisp morning with temps in about the 50s or 60s… I ran some other errands after that and was actually hot and blasting AC in my car while running around town.  My Saturday errands included a stop at Michael’s where I found some cute supplies for the baby shower I’m planning in April – can’t wait for my mom to turn this paper into a cute cute banner! 

shower paper Dallas sky

I think the temperature got into the 80s that afternoon.  Saturday evening I went to the grocery store and had my windows rolled down and was just loving life in the spring weather (look at the blooms on that pretty tree!).  Overnight it got much much cooler, and by the time we came out of church on Sunday it was full on sleeting!  The change was so crazy, I’ve never seen anything quite like it before!  We were freezing Sunday and Monday, and most schools were even cancelled due to ice on the roads on Monday. 

When I was shivering in the 20 degree temps on Monday morning leaving for work, I felt pretty silly for putting my spring wreath on the door on Saturday.  Oh well, I’m leaving it up in hopes that it will bring spring back - quickly!

spring wreath 3.2.14 Ice (2)

Our Sunday night church activities even got cancelled due to the winter weather!  I used my time at home Sunday afternoon to make a card for Colin.  Have y’all seen this Facebook page – it has totally blown up, and I think it is such a neat idea.  Of course making cards is one of my favorite things to do, so I was thrilled to make one that will hopefully brighten this little boy’s birthday in a few days! 

Card for Colin 1 Card for Colin 3

My week so far has been work, Junior League meetings, and enjoying having Austin home.  Monday got off to a bit of a stressful start, but over the course of the day God answered some major prayers, and the day ended with me being just completely in awe of His provision.  I was so overwhelmed with His goodness at three distinct times that day, and I just haven’t stopped thinking about how faithful our God is since then. 

faithful

We are gearing up for a visit from my parents and Mary Katherine this weekend, and I absolutely cannot wait for that!  Our weather is slowly warming back up with every passing day, and I am so hopeful that spring will get here and stick around permanently.  My birthday is next week, and I strongly prefer to celebrate in springtime weather, not winter weather! 

3 comments:

  1. I hope the weather warms up for your birthday! Sounds like quite the week so far--only two more days until the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those earrings look great on you. Maybe I need a pair...
    I can't believe all the snow/sleet you got in TX either. Thank goodness we only got rain. I'm ready for Spring and am hoping the wreath serves as a gentle reminder to Mother Nature that we need some warmer weather! I haven't heard of Colin, but thank you so much for sharing! I have seen a similar site called The World Needs More Love Letters and I think it would be just amazing to be a part of that!

    Have a great rest of your week. It's almost the weekend!

    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those earrings! Newest follower from the Friday Five... come visit me! :)
    www.loveandhotchocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete