Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekending

Well I’m sad to see another great weekend at home come to an end, but back to work we go!  Our weekend was pretty low key and relaxing, just the way I like it.  We are enjoying all these weekends in Dallas before our weekend travels start up again in March.

Friday night we had our supper club fiesta, which was so fun!  We had delicious fajitas and played a game and got in lots of good visiting – the best way to spend an evening with friends in my book.  Although I did remember to take my camera, I did not remember to take it out of my purse all night.  Maybe in March I can improve upon that! 

Saturday morning I had a Junior League commitment that got me up and out of the house around the same time Austin was headed to work.  After that little meeting was over, I came home and enjoyed catching up on everyone’s Five on Friday posts – one of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday morning! 

Austin brought us home some Subway sandwiches for lunch, and then we headed out to enjoy the pretty weather.  We went for a long walk at the Katy Trial, and it felt sooo good outside!  Please stay warm and spring-like, Dallas weather! 

IMG_1256 

Austin wasn’t feeling 100% on Saturday, so we didn’t make it to a birthday party in Fort Worth that we had originally planned on attending.  We ended our Saturday night with some pancakes and a little TV watching.

Sunday brought church, then a meeting after church, then a short couple of hours at home – just enough time for a mani for me and a nap for Austin – then back to church for our date night!  This week we were given an address within walking distance from the church and told to head that way as soon as we arrived at church Sunday night.  We walked to a building nearby and were given instructions to go up to the rooftop where a fun surprise awaited us.  We walked in to find out that everyone had been given the same address, and we had a super cute s’mores bar, coffee, and amazing views to enjoy for the evening!

IMG_3431 

IMG_1258 IMG_3428 IMG_3430 

IMG_3429  

Hoping those delicious s’mores were good fuel for a productive Monday to kick-start this week! 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love the smores bar!

    Happy Monday!

    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun weekend! And the smores bar sounds is such a neat idea!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend!! Love the mani and the BAG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That s'mores bar looks amazing! And I'm loving your pants - so springy!

    ReplyDelete