Monday, February 17, 2014

Our Valentine’s Weekend

My Friday got off to a delightful start when I walked into my office to find that someone had snuck in earlier that morning and left some pretty pink tulips on my desk!  What a sweet Valentine’s Day surprise.  The fact that they matched my nails and sweater made them even more perfect.  I left these pretty little guys there over the weekend, and I’m excited to have them brighten my next few days at work, too. 

tulips 1 tulips 3

Usually for my Monday blog posts I just look at my phone and camera for pictures to remind me of anything noteworthy.  It looks like my manicure held up from this picture I found on the phone (and the mani is still going today I might add!).  My polka dot tights have been one of my favorite things about winter.  Now don’t get me wrong, I’m super ready for warmer weather to be here to stay, but if it is going to be frigid, having fun tights makes that slightly more bearable! 

Valentine's Mani 2 

We lucked out with some truly gorgeous weather this weekend in Dallas, and Austin and I got in a good run on the Katy Trail on Saturday afternoon.  We both felt pretty out of shape when our three mile run was a lot more challenging than it used to be for us, but it was good to get out there and sweat a little in the pretty sunshine!  The run must have truly wiped us out more than we even realized, because I am telling you the truth when I say I fell asleep watching the Olympics before 8:00 on Saturday night.  Probably closer to 7:30 if we are being totally honest.  That was on the couch, and I was in bed by 8:30.  It was pretty glorious!  I woke up at 3:30 Sunday morning and considered staying up for the day, but I managed to doze back off, thank goodness. 

Sunday at church was wonderful as usual.  Our preacher is going through the book of Romans right now, and I’m learning so much.  We are still in chapter 1, and I’ve learned something new every week of the study so far.  At the end of our service, several babies were dedicated – I always love those Sundays! 

We came home and fixed some burgers and random veggies for lunch.  Austin requested broccoli, roasted brussels sprouts, and corn on the cob, so that is what we had! 

burger 1

I did my most hated chore ever – ironing – for a good part of the afternoon, but having the Olympics on in the room and having Austin in there with me, even though he was working, made the ironing a bit more tolerable.  I finished the dreaded ironing just in time for us to get ready to go back to church for our Sunday night discipleship class. 

Our class is called the Marriage Project, and it is 10 Sunday nights in the winter/spring.  We do a different fun activity or date every week.  You may remember that we’ve done a scavenger hunt, and last week the activity was a cooking class.  Last night we played Family Feud, and it was so fun!  Everyone’s competitive side definitely came out, and games with friends are just always a fun time. Our instructions for next week are to meet at church at a designated time, and we were told to dress “date night dressy.”  We never know exactly what we’re going to be doing until Sunday night, so we always have a fun surprise on Sunday nights!

Well that about sums up our weekend – it was very relaxing and fun.  We have round 2 of our super club and a birthday party that we’re already looking forward to for this coming weekend!  Our warm weather in Dallas looks like it is going to stick around for a few days, so I’m hoping that will help make for a good week.   

Happy President’s Day! (I’m super jealous if you are off of work today – i.e. my sister!)

6 comments:

  1. The tulips are gorgeous--another reason I'm ready for spring. And I HATE....HATE ironing. I pretty much won't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds so wonderful. Simple but filled with love!!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tulips plus pink nails plus your lovely rings! PERFECTION!
    Cheers, girlie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE tulips...!! And your nails, of course :) I don't have a 3 day weekend either... bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers and your matching mani! How fun to have a surprise night with friends to look forward to every Sunday night! We played Family Feud last year at Christmas and it got a little crazy :) Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tulips are beautiful! One of my very favorite flowers. And omg, that burger looks so good! I can't wait to be grilling out all the time again this summer!

    Katelyn
    http://realhousewifeofgreenville.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete