Friday, February 28, 2014

Five on Friday – Vol. 24

Happy Friday to all of you and to the lovely hostesses of 5 on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness.

image

ONE – today is my Pop’s birthday!  Happy birthday, Pop – I can’t wait to see you in just a couple of weeks.  One of my greatest blessings is how big of a role in my life all my grandparents have played.  I am lucky enough to have all of my grandparents in good health, and I’m so thankful for each one of them!  Love you, Pop!

M&P at CC 

TWO – Austin is finally home!  I obviously haven’t blogged about this, but Austin has been out of town for the past five weeks for work.  I am so thankful that he is back with no more work travel on the horizon!  We will definitely be celebrating his return this weekend.  I hardly have any fun at all when he’s not around, and everything is better now that he is back!  See, crowd surfing at our wedding – what could be more fun?!

DSC_9700

THREE – I have a date with my friend Tiffany tomorrow morning to practice our calligraphy – cannot wait for that.  Hopefully we get some good practice in – I’ll try to remember to take some pics of our progress!  Here’s some inspiration I’ve been pinning for us (source):

  calligraphy inspiration (3)

FOUR – Austin got home late last night and brought with him a Valentine’s gift from my in-laws – the cutest gold monogrammed earrings!  I completely adore them and am actually excited to go to work today just so I can wear these! 

mono earrings

FIVE – Scandal is back!  I actually stayed awake for the whole episode last night, and anyone who knows me realizes what an anomaly that is – for me to be awake past 9:00 p.m. shows just how much I love that show!  Do any of y’all watch Scandal?  Who else wants every single thing in Olivia Pope’s wardrobe?  But surely I’m not alone in thinking that they are definitely trying to cover up her real-life pregnancy in last night’s episode.  The clothes were not quite as fun last night, but I still love the show and already can’t wait for next week.  I was so spoiled with seasons one and two just zooming through them on Netflix on my own.  Also, Olivia’s dad completely terrifies me. 

scandal 

Tomorrow is March 1, and I could not be more thrilled to welcome my birthday month and what I like to think of as the unofficial start of spring… I know technically we still have a few weeks, but I don’t know that I’ll be able to resist breaking out some spring decor around the house this weekend.  And Lord knows I am more than ready to wear spring clothes.  This is the point in the year where I just might scream if I have to wear another sweater or coat. 

HAPPY WEEKEND!!

21 comments:

  1. Love the monogram earrings!!! How adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those earrings! What a sweet and thoughtful gift. And I'm super jealous of your calligraphy skills....I need to learn asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the blog as always! I've already asked for calligraphy lessons for my birthday... which is in September. I hope you have an amazing Friday, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are practicing calligraphy!! such a forgotten art :) :) happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower from the link-up! LOVE those earrings - you will wear those for many years to come! And I am jealous that you're learning calligraphy. I need to make myself learn! Have a great weekend!
    xo Kristin
    http://young-southern.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your pop!! Have fun at your calligraphy date with your friend - how fun!! :)
    I just realized that even though I usually visit your sweet blog from the friday link up, I wasn't yet officially following you - just fixed that! Now following via GFC and looking forward to enjoying your posts!! Have a lovely weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the calligraphy inspiration! Which supplies or pens would you recommend? I would love to try my hand and see what happens! Happy Weekend Girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday! Have a good time with your calligraphy practice! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Love those earrings!

    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am completely obsessed with Scandal too! I would love to have her wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot believe tomorrow is MARCH! Crazy. And so awesome you are learning calligraphy! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhhhhh Scandal was SO good last night!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for your hubby being back in town - I hate when mine travels - seriously no fun!! I am obsessed with scandal and I have to say you could definitely tell they were trying to hide her pregnancy - but even her voice sounded different!! Very strange!! Love the monogrammed earrings!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am right there with you on Scandal! I didn't get to watch it last night and I'm pretty sure I'm going to sneak home at lunch and see if I can watch it on my DVR... love those earrings, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looove those earrings! And I need to start watching Scandal.. everyone is always raving about it! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We share March as our birthday month!! I'm jealous of those calligraphy skills, I've been attempting it lately and am not the best. So so happy scandal is back too!! Love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Found your blog through the weekend! Excited to follow along & read more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your sweet blog... we just finished Dexter, so Scandal is on the list. It might just have to be a weekend indulgence ;) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i loveee scandal. is it too late to want to be a gladiator when i grow up?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute blog! I came across through the Friday 5's and browsed some of your posts and can't wait to follow along! We love Scandal, so excited it's back! ( and it's my birthday month too, yay for March birthdays!)

    ReplyDelete