Friday, February 21, 2014

Five on Friday – Vol. 23

Happy Friday to all of you and to the lovely hostesses of 5 on Friday - A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness.

image

ONE – My new lunchbox obsession is this southwestern-ish salad (inspired by this one found on Pinterest, of course) that went to work with me three out of five days this week.  I never have a problem eating tons of fruit, but I am trying to make a conscious effort to eat more veggies, and this is a good start! 

 IMG_3422

{lettuce, red pepper, corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, avocado (best part!), and cilantro dressing made with greek yogurt}

TWO – We have round 2 of our supper club tonight, and our hosts decided to go with a fiesta theme –I’m so excited! (We hosted our inaugural supper club, and I posted about it here.)  A fiesta is just about the best reason I can think of to skip our newly implemented Friday night pizza tradition.    

fiesta

THREE -  This post is shaping up to be all about food, but so far this week I’ve been attempting to get back in the habit of logging my meals.  It really helps me to stay aware of what I’m eating when I write it down.  Writing down “5 thin mints” is not nearly as fun as eating 5 thin mints though, I can assure you.  In an effort to eat more veggies and less sugar and carbs, this has been quite eye-opening!

meal tracker 2 

In the past I have used and loved My Fitness Pal, and maybe I’ll get back into tracking my food that way one of these days!  MFP can be pretty time consuming whereas jotting it down is much quicker. 

FOUR – Ok I have nothing more to say about food!  One productive thing I did this week was get on the waiting list for several books at the library.  These are all on my to-read list:

antelope-book-cover  necessarylies 9780451416230_LoveWars_CV2.indd

The Antelope in the Living Room/Necessary Lies/The Love Wars

FIVE – I walked by the Pottery Barn Kids store on my way to run yesterday, and I about died at the bunny goodness they have going on… I mean I want it all!  And I don’t even have any babies yet!!  So so so cute.

PBKvinebunnies PBKvineducks

PeterRabbitplates PeterRabbitteaset

I’m way too ready for my favorite holiday that is still two months away. 

Looking forward to reading lots of good 5 on Friday posts from y’all today and over the weekend!

19 comments:

  1. I am right there with you, I cannot wait for Spring! This winter has definitely overstayed its welcome.

    PS. That salad looks really good right now

    www.goingupupandaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad looks sooooo good. I'm avocado crazed. It's my favorite!
    And YAY for spring on it's way...hopefully sooner than later!
    Happy weekend, darling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you about logging food...it's no fun realizing how much chocolate I've eaten the past week! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to start "food journaling" again too! Also...i'm loving the pb kids bunnies..so sweeeeeet. Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know there was a pottery barn kids! And the avocado in that salad looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you! So ready for Spring!!! A supper club sounds like a fab idea! Love the fiesta theme as well! Happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such pretty handwriting! That salad looks delicious and right up my alley, I need to try it! I try to eat a salad most days for lunch to balance out our sometimes not-so-healthy dinner or dessert, oops! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That salad looks delish! I could live off avocado.. so good. Have fun at supper club tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from the link-up! But looking forward to following along!
    xo A Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday!
    Your Southwestern salad looks so delish - I love avocados in salad. I just might have to recreate it this weekend! I used to use MFP too but you're right, it gets so time consuming. I saw the cutest meal log notebook a few days ago and have been thinking of logging things too. Your handwriting is beautiful! I will look into those books and maybe give one of them a shot! I'm currently reading The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve. Maybe we should start a book club!

    Have a great weekend,
    Katelyn
    http://realhousewifeofgreenville.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those books look very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That salad looks so good - may have to recreate for next week!! Love Wars looks like a really great book - thanks for the recommendation!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read The Antelope in the Living Room this week and loved it!! Also, I use MFP to track my food and boy does it make a difference, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The salad looks and sounds fantastic!! Thanks for sharing ;) Have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmm that salad looks SO good! I'll eat anything with avocado in it! :)
    Thanks for sharing these 3 books...I'm always looking for new ones to add to my reading list!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That salad looks so good and I've been in desperate need of a lunchbox refresh. I'm tired of eating the same things. Necessary Lies is on my to-read list, too, but I never seem to find the time to read! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always struggle with eating enough veggies but I think your salad would be a great way to get them all in! I'll have to give it a try. I laughed when you said that writing down 5 thin mints wasn't nearly as fun as eating 5 thin mints :) Sad, but true. Those bunnies make me very excited for Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now I KNOW we must be related! I almost cried at the cuteness of all the PB Easter decorations! I can't WAIT to have kids & buy all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That salad looks so yummy!! I need to try that dressing!

    Hope you had a great weekend, girlie!

    ReplyDelete