Friday, February 7, 2014

Five on Friday – Vol. 21

Friday, I’m so happy to see you! 

Thanks for stopping by today, and thanks as always to the lovely hostesses: A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness.

image

ONE – snow in Dallas.  Yesterday I was SHOCKED to walk out my front door to a snowy winter wonderland.  It was beautiful, but unfortunately I had hearings that I immediately knew I was going to be late to, and I still had to go to work after those.  Womp womp.  It took me over an hour to get to my first destination of the day, and then it took me another two hours to get about twelve miles to my office.  My nerves were SHOT.  Driving on those roads yesterday was for the birds – I was a total nervous wreck!  Thank goodness I made it everywhere safely, because I sure passed a lot of wrecks on the roads. (image source)

63313259

TWO – I just can’t help falling for everything pink this time of year.  My nails are getting a pink mani this weekend for sure.  One small thrill I had this week was starting a new journal, and of course I picked one that is extremely appropriate for this season of all things lovely and pink.  The fact that it matches my Jesus Calling book is a lovely bonus. 

IMG_3390 IMG_3389

THREE – still on the subject of pink, I got a pretty stinking cute cupcake card in the mail from Mom this week.  My valentines are not out the door yet, and I have this mess on my kitchen table to prove that!

IMG_3388 IMG_3387

FOUR – I’ve found that Fridays are the best days for me to leave the office at lunch for any kind of lunch date with friends, and I’m excited about escaping for a bit for lunch today with a friend.  I also have plans with a JL friend tomorrow for lunch, and we have a Sunday School Valentine’s party tomorrow night.  Can’t wait for all the food, fun, and fellowship on the horizon!

FIVE – One of my law school BFFs is getting married this summer, and I’m helping with an engagement party for her in Jackson in March.  It coincides with the big St. Patrick’s Day festivities in Jackson, so I’m on the hunt for something cute and green to wear.  Green is one of my favorite colors to wear, especially in the spring.  I can’t wait to be there and catch up with law school friends!  It’s been ages.  I went for St. Patrick’s Day two years ago in 2012 and had the best time. 

SPD2012

Have a great weekend, y’all!

15 comments:

  1. <3 the Jesus Calling book and matching journal... pretty journals make my time with Jesus even more sweeeeeeeet. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is one of my favorite colors to wear too....can't wait to see what you pick out! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That journal is so pretty!! Love it! :)

    Yay for fun weekends! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love homemade valentines!!! I'm trying to finish mine this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, how fun! i need to find a sitter for kaye for st. pat's day. i'm ready for a night out. :) and talk about swoon for all things blush/pink/red. i need to get it in gear and decorate for v-day, but after christmas i just can't get it together. guh. new reader! found you via the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow in Dallas looks gorgeous! Love love that notebook too lady! Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you were safe yesterday! The snow was so wild. And can we talk about how your mom sends you those cards for every occasion? I love that so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday, friend! Well thank goodness you were okay yesterday! I don't like driving in the snow at all. Enjoy your lunch with friends today!

    Katelyn
    http://realhousewifeofgreenville.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog through the link-up...so cute. We just had snow in FL about 2 weeks ago and it was like the whole city shut down so I know just how nerve racking it is to drive in the snow in a city that no one knows how to drive in! Love all of your cute Valentines crafts. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you made it everywhere safely with the unexpected snow! Such a card from your mom, it makes me want to send one to mine! Hope you enjoy your lunch dates! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, my nerves would have been shot too after driving in that snow!! And that journal and the card from your Mom are so pretty!! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are planning a trip to Dallas Labor Day weekend for the first FSU football game!! You will have to tell me where we should stay and what we should do in Dallas :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey girl! found you via the link-up---great blog!

    our weekends will look strangely similar--first of all, I have those rifle paper company notebooks (and jesus calling--but the leatherette brown boring version), and I love them!

    also... REALLY need to finish my valentines. orrrr start them. we'll see how that goes!

    have a great weekend! this texas native is envious of just reading "texas" in your blog header! can't wait to go home again!

    www.misformoxie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. St. Patricks day is my favorite!! Fingers crossed for no more southern snow. We can't deal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet you were surprised to see some snow! If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times. I'm over winter.

    ReplyDelete