Monday, January 27, 2014

The Inaugural Supper Club

Austin and I have tossed around the idea of starting a supper club for several months, and we finally decided that January would be the perfect month to start.  I felt really prophetic once I got my February issue of Southern Living and there was a whole article dedicated to starting a supper club ;) 

IMG_3317 IMG_3319

My parents started a supper club when I was younger and still living at home, and I remember it being so fun for them.  We invited three other couples from our Sunday school class for dinner this past Friday night, and although it was a tight squeeze around our table, we made it work and had a ball! 

IMG_3318

I served a cheese board as an appetizer while everyone was getting here and while we waited on some components of the main meal to finish cooking.  For the main course, we had two types of pork tenderloin with jezebel sauce, roasted brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and asparagus, a salad, and french bread.  Lemon pound cake for dessert rounded out our night.  I only took pictures before people arrived, so the cheese is all I’ve got as photographic evidence of the food, but once people started arriving I put my camera away and didn’t pull it back out all night.   

IMG_3327

IMG_3330 IMG_3328

IMG_3331 IMG_3333

This was the perfect opportunity to use these precious bird place cards that my dad and sister brought me back from a trip last year.  Maybe next time we host I’ll be able to write names in calligraphy on the place cards?!  We all played a game after dinner, and it was such a fun time spent with friends that we usually only get to see briefly on Sunday mornings.  I can’t wait for next month when our friends Will and Sydney host! 

IMG_3322

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks beautiful and delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a supper club with some Sunday School friends as well, and it has been so fun! Your cheese plates looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table setting is just perfect for a supper club night!

    We have supper club once a month with 4 other couples we met in our Newlyweds Sunday school class. We all have our different interests and are busy with our different ministries now in our church, but it's so fun to get together with them still!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Your food and table were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO fun! The menu sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete