Monday, January 13, 2014

Sunday Afternoon Bliss

The Sunday afternoon “laying out the week” sessions I have at my kitchen table are some of my favorite moments of the week.  If I can either resist my Sunday afternoon nap for long enough OR find the motivation to do this after my nap, then my weeks are almost always better for it.  It is such a help to me to have a mental picture of what we’ve got going on in the week ahead. 

IMG_3303

This Sunday, all was right in the world – I had my planner, a hot cup of chai tea, and my new Le Pens that make me happier than any pen rightfully ever should.  The last of the Christmas thank you notes got written, and the house was completely quiet.  Every Sunday should be like this!  

IMG_3304 

Weekends at home after weekends away are always wonderful.  I love going into the week feeling like my weekend was both productive and relaxing.  I got my hair cut and highlighted on Saturday and ran some errands that have been lingering on my to do list for weeks.  We got to be in church and Sunday school on Sunday morning with lots of friends that we’ve missed seeing consistently due to the holidays and general end of the year craziness.  We even had our movie date on Saturday afternoon!  I feel so accomplished even though I really haven’t accomplished all that much.  The down time has just been blissful. 

We have lots on our agenda for the week, but we’re ready!  I hope you are too – happy Monday, friends!

Quote-final

5 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm the same way, if I don't map out my week on Sunday afternoon or evening I'm completely off for the next five days. I've been a little slack about it lately - I think this post is the motivation I needed! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LePen's - they are THE best! Such a cute planner - those quiet moments are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The holidays are great but they really do throw a lot of chaos into life, we are still traveling around and I am looking forward to next week when we will finally get back into a healthy routine!

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOTALLY agree! My week goes much better when I can plan everything out ahead of time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, your pens came in :-) My senior year of college I loved sitting at my desk on Sunday night and making sure everything was all ready for the week. Doesn't life just go by a little more smoother when you know whats coming? Hope your week is going good!

    ReplyDelete