Friday, January 17, 2014

Five on Friday – Vol. 19

Happy Five on Friday friends!  Thanks for stopping by today, and thanks as always to the lovely hostesses: A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness.

image

ONE – This is what a good mail day looks like my friends – no bills or annoying junk mail, just two of my favorite mags ever.  And even better, just in time for the weekend!  Can’t wait to dive into these on Saturday.

good mail day

TWO – I stopped by the grocery store the other day to pick up some fruit to get us through the week, and these grapefruits I got are absolutely GIANT.  They are also quite tasty – I looove winter citrus.

grapefruit

And speaking of winter citrus, I really want to make this Clementine Vanilla Bean Quick Bread.  Oh my heavens, yum. 

clementine vanilla bean quick bread

THREEThis is the best blog post I’ve read all week.  Such an encouragement to those of us who haven’t quite nailed down what it is that we are called to do. 

FOUR -  I am in full menu planning mode right now, and I’m loving it.  We are finally doing something we’ve talked about for ages and starting a supper club with some other couples.  Our first dinner is one week from today, and we are hosting!  I can’t wait!  I’m devoting my day tomorrow to planning (well that and those two new magazines up there).  I’m feeling a more detailed menu post next week, and of course they’ll be a recap to come as well!

Still toying with ideas and putting the final touches on everything, but how good does this look for an app?

veggie tray 

FIVE – As we venture into Austin’s busy season at work, I’ll leave you with this little “gift” he brought home the other night.  I can’t wait to put this little guy on my car. ;) I do love my CPA though!  

cpa bumper sticker

Hooray for the weekend! 

14 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the sticker Austin brought home - my mom is a CPA and tax season is absolutely mad! I love Garden and Gun. I always look at all of the homes and dream that mine will look like them some day, too! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I have that sticker hanging up in my office room!! I love "my CPA" too - he brought it home one day and i died laughing. I keep saying I will put it on my car ;)

    Southern Living is my absolute favorite. I just got a subscription to Country Living too, which I am loving. Now I just need someone to give me a ranch house to decorate! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That clementine quick bread sounds wonderful! I'm going to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to start a supper club with couple friends!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the link-up...that bread looks delish!!!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bread looks super yummy! Thanks for sharing! Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the idea of having a supper club.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from the linkup! The idea of a supper club always sounds like so much fun to me, can't wait to ee what you plan. I haven't had the chance to sit down with my new issue of SL yet, but the cheesy grits and pasta teaser on the front have me all but drooling already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless all the CPAs in busy season. I have a couple CPA BFFs (...HA! So many acronyms!), and I seriously don't know how they do it!!!!
    Happy weekend, babe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to hear all about the supper club!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello from Five on Friday! I am so glad I found your blog. And thank you for the best blog you've read... wow! I truly believe that we all have a calling and that the journey of getting there is all part of the learning and refining process that God wants to mold us with. Such a great post and reminder. I look forward to following along and I hope you will visit my new blogging adventure as well. :) :)

    Tiffany
    http://thiswholehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE me some Southern Living! I make sure my subscription is up to date because up here it's "Midwest Living"....not even close! ha!
    Have a great weekend, Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your supper club sounds fun!! That appetizer is perfect in my opinion. Also I love southern living too!! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy I dropped by your blog! You made me smile because we have something in common - delving into the current issue of Southern Living! I live for that quiet time with my pen (to circle and star everything I love in the issue) and good drink and the magazine on my lap. Its my happy time. Your app looks amaze! That bread/cake looks sinfully delicious. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete