Friday, January 10, 2014

Five on Friday – Vol. 18

Happy Five on Friday friends!  Thanks for stopping by today, and thanks as always to the lovely hostesses: A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness.

image

ONE: The 2014 Cards Have Started

Jan 2014 Card

Tell me this snowman is not the cutest thing you’ve ever seen?!  That ribbon scarf – I die.  My mom is starting year four of sending me a monthly card.  It is the mail highlight of my month!  The 2014 cards are off to a great start – of course I squealed when I opened up this little guy.   

TWO: PTL it is Friday

joyfulinhope

The first three days of this week almost did me in.  Repeating scripture like this in my head and a lot of prayer carried me through, and I could not be more thankful that the work week is OVER. {pic source} Whenever I have hard weeks at work, it always seems to be that the stress is frontloaded for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  Yesterday was a better day, thank goodness, but I’m still so ready for the weekend!

THREE: So Long Johnny

Sep 14, 2013; College Station, TX, USA; Texas A&M Aggies quarterback Johnny Manziel (2) warms up before the game against the Alabama Crimson Tide at Kyle Field. Mandatory Credit: Thomas Campbell-USA TODAY Sports

Well our beloved Johnny Football is NFL bound.  I don’t think this comes as a shock to anyone, but gosh I’ll miss watching him play at Kyle Field next year!  He wrote a sweet letter to the 12th man (read it here). 

FOUR: Chai Tea FTW

Thermos&Chai

I finally mixed up a batch of my mom’s chai tea mix, and it has been so warm and delicious this week for this cold and rainy weather we’ve been having!  So cozy.  I somehow threw away all of our old random coffee thermoses that we had accumulated during a recent kitchen purge, I’m sure, since none of them actually worked to keep anything warm.  Austin has two nice thermoses that he uses regularly, but I was thermosless for a while until a few days ago when I picked up this handy thing.  Having the chai tea on hand AND the ability to keep it hot has definitely been a good thing!

FIVE: Movie Date

H 

Austin and I are not big movie people at ALL.  I cannot even tell you the last time we went to a movie.  We have had some free tickets on our fridge for about a year, and I think we’re finally going to use them this weekend.  I’m assuming this movie is still in theaters, because that is the one we agreed on that we’d both like to watch?!  Have y’all seen it – is it any good? 

Have a GREAT FRIDAY!

14 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Just stopping over from the link up! Does your mom make those cards??? They're so stinking cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable that your mom makes you a card every month! What a fun tradition :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Scripture girlie!!!! Love how you cling to it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable is your mom?? I love the idea of getting a card a month! And thanks for sharing that powerful scripture. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to see hunger games on New Year's Day and it looked like it was on its way out in our area. It was really good though so I hope it's still playing near you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chai tea is my absolute favorite. I love it year round, it always makes me think of Christmas and it's so darn tasty! And yes, PTL it's Friday! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never made my own chai tea latte but they're my absolute fav at Starbucks! That's so sweet your mom sends you a card every month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that your mom sends you cards each month, SO cute! Found your blog though the blog hop - it is adorable, new follower here!

    PS: LOVE Chai Tea too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Johhny Football is amazing and I know he will be missed by A&M fans--- this all coming from a die-hard alabama fan and graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the adorable card!!! What a treat that you receive snail mail love from your mom each month! ... Rejoicing with you in God's goodness!!! He is so awesome to bless us with His trustworthy Word to sustain us in all things!! Have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat thing for your mom to send a card every month, that is too cute! And girl, I am loving that big bubba mug :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Card of the month? What a great idea. I love getting letters in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That card is ADORABLE! Does your mom sell them anywhere?

    ReplyDelete