Friday, January 3, 2014

Five on Friday – Vol. 17

Happy first Five on Friday of 2014 friends!  Thanks for stopping by, and thanks as always to the lovely hostesses: A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness.

image

ONE: Austin and I gave each other our “big gift” of a new computer for Christmas this year.  I’m LOVING it, and it is amazing how much faster and just all around better it is than my old one.  I treated myself to this cute little mouse pad, and it just makes me smile every time I look over at it!

IMG_3270

TWO: I can’t wait to dive into my new Simplified Planner, but I only want to write in it with certain pens.  They have been ordered, but they aren’t here quite yet (should be delivered today though – woo hoo!  I know what I’m doing this weekend!).  I’m trying to have patience, but I’m just dying to spend an hour or two filling up this pretty thing!

EL planner 

THREE: We watched the Chick-fil-a Bowl at the pretty new home of our friends Jaime and Emily on Tuesday.  This is Emily’s spice drawer (!!!) – now you can see why we are friends!  I squealed.  Then I asked her if I could take a picture of it for the blog.  It is right by her stove and just so amazing for any lover of pretty labels and organization. 

ER spice drawer 2

FOUR:  Austin and I spent our New Year’s Day at home this year, and it was just perfect.  We ate lots of good food, watched a lot of football, and were able to be quite productive.  We had a late lunch of all the staples – ham, black eyed peas, cabbage, and cornbread.  I also stuck to another tradition, but I’m not sure it is as widespread – making pluck-it for dessert.  Many people call this monkey bread, but my family calls it pluck-it – so tasty but not so photogenic!

NYD lunch 3

FIVE: Just a little helpful hint for anyone out there who is suffering from a sore throat like I have been for the past couple of days – these little guys are pretty amazing and have literally gotten me through the days I’ve had to work this week.  Well these and a lot of hot tea!

Ricola

10 comments:

  1. My mom makes monkey bread and it's my husband's favorite {I guess I should try making it sometime}, but I've never heard it called Pluck-It. I'm back & forth between the Emily Ley planner and the Whitney English one and have yet to decide! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I would give to have a spice cabinet like that! That should be a must in every kitchen! Love your planner too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm battling a sore throat right now, no fun! I hope yours is better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That spice drawer is amazing! And so is the mouse pad and the planner! Ok, pretty much loving all of your 5s this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE pluck-it/monkey bread or as my family calls it gorilla bread. :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad I am not the only one who is crazy about the exact type of pen to use in a new planner!! But you keep it all year, I want it to look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AH I'm dying to get the simplified planner! I have le pens and everything ready to go... I'm waiting for the binder in the mail and then I may order the planner - I'd love to see what you think! Ok now I have a new project for our "forever" house. I will need that spice drawer in my life! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm loving the planner! I think the spice drawer should be mandatory in ALL kitchens.

      Delete
  8. So jealous you splurged for the planner! Totally want one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad I am not the only one out there who will only use certain pens to write in my planner! What pens did you decide to use for yours? And amen to that spice drawer! Love it

    ReplyDelete