Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Calm Before the Storm?

I skipped a blog yesterday, although I typically recap our weekend on Mondays.  There just wasn’t a lot of exciting weekend activity that made for a good blog post… and there really still isn’t!  Austin went hunting on Saturday for what was probably his last duck hunt of the season.  I did some pretty epic grocery shopping to restock our kitchen and pantry that included trips to three, yes three, different grocery stores.  And that was kind of our Saturday.  Austin also went to the eye doctor and I tagged along to help him pick out some new glasses – thrilling, right?!

One thing I enjoyed doing before all of my grocery shopping on Saturday was catching up on some of the blogs that I enjoy reading.  I read a lot from my phone and for some reason am never able to comment when I’m reading there, so having a Saturday morning to read from my laptop and actually leave comments was a nice treat!

On Sunday we spent most of the day at church with a nap sandwiched in there in the late afternoon.  We started a new discipleship class at our church on Sunday night that I think is going to be really fun.  It is called The Marriage Project and it is ten weeks of fun date nights.  This week was kind of an intro week, but we did some fun activities in our classroom.  I tried to get Austin to take a selfie with me after class but he declined, so no pictures whatsoever for the blog! 

We have a lot of things to look forward to coming up in the next few days – tomorrow is my calligraphy class!!  I am so stinking excited.  My parents gave this to me as a Christmas gift, and I’m going with a friend from work.  I just know the work day is going to creep by tomorrow!  My plan is to take a few pics if I can, so stay tuned!  This has been something I’ve wanted to learn for so long, and I can’t wait to start the learning process. 

Then on Friday, we are hosting our inaugural supper club!  I think I have the menu all set, and now it is just a matter of doing some of the prep in these next few days whenever I can.  Most of that will be reserved for Thursday after work/early Friday morning. 

As if I wasn’t already excited enough about the weekend, this weekend I’m getting to see my whole family – including grandparents!  My youngest sister is in a pageant on Saturday, so we will all be together to support her and cheer really loud :)  We are not really pageant people, so don’t get any crazy ideas.  I promise you a recap next week! 

So, it seems that I have a lot of fun things to blog about in the coming days and weeks, but not a whole lot to report from our weekend/week so far.  Sorry for the picture-less post today, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the most uneventful weekends are the best kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for a Liebster award! Check out http://www.lavenderandlight.blogspot.com for more details! Thanks for such a great blog!

    ReplyDelete