Thursday, January 23, 2014

Calligraphy Class

It thrills me to no end that I took a calligraphy class on the night before National Handwriting Day.  I honored that awesome holiday last year on my blog with a handwritten blog post, but this year I’m going to devote the post to last night’s class and the beginning of learning this wonderful new skill.  I have a long way to go, but I’m so excited to keep practicing!  Here is the set up of our supplies and everything we used last night that was waiting for us when we walked in to the precious “classroom.”   

IMG_3310

My friend and I took the class through Blue Eye Brown Eye, and we had a ball!  There were eight girls total in last night’s three hour class, and we got equipped with a pen, nibs, ink, and other necessary supplies.  Lauren, the owner of Blue Eye Brown Eye was so fun and helpful and encouraging the whole time, and I can’t recommend this class enough if you are interested in calligraphy.  She gave us so many great tips and resources. 

IMG_3311 

We stuck to lowercase letters last night, and I’m certain it will take a while to master those.  We went through many many pages practicing letters over and over, but the class absolutely flew by.  I am so thrilled that I was able to go last night and do something fun and creative, and I seriously cannot wait to carve out some time to practice in the days and weeks ahead.  My parents gifted me the class for Christmas, and what a fabulous gift it was.  Thanks Mom & Dad!   

IMG_3312

IMG_3313 IMG_3315

My favorite letters so far are b, s, z, h, and j :)

Happy National Handwriting Day!

4 comments:

  1. AAAAA! How cool is this! I wish I could join you and we could learn together! How fun and lovely!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! What an adorable "hello beautiful" sign that is too! You have just inspired me to take a calligraphy class this summer. Love it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ALWAYS wanted to learn calligraphy! Looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! I am going right now to find a class near me...

    ReplyDelete