Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Little Bits of Christmas

Christmas is here in our apartment! The decorations that we put up this year are not all that different from last year, but I’m thoroughly enjoying them after a year long break.  We got a real tree from Ruibal’s in Dallas again this year (no space to store a fake one!), and the smell is so delightful.  One day I’m sure we’ll make the transition to an artificial tree, and while I won’t miss stringing lights, the smell sure will be hard to do without. 

Our tree has cardinals and nests, which is only appropriate given my love for birds.  We also have cinnamon applesauce ornaments that only add to the instant Christmas smell that hits my nose each time I walk through the door.

IMG_3120  IMG_3139

IMG_3125  IMG_3123

IMG_3141  IMG_3137

Austin and I have one Christmas tradition that I just love of getting a new Christmas ornament each year.  Our brand of choice so far has been Old World Christmas ornaments.  In 2011 we got a wedding cake ornament since that was the year we got married.  Then in 2012 we got the A&M ornament to commemorate our first year as season ticket holders.  Now this year for 2013 we got the pineapple ornament since one of our favorite memories of 2013 was our trip to Charleston.  I can’t wait to add to our collection and maybe one day have a smaller tree just for these ornaments.

IMG_3117 IMG_3119 IMG_3118

These fun little reindeer stocking holders joined us last year, and I just adore them.  I probably should have gotten a few more for future stockings!  Our three main windows in the living area each get a wreath with pinecones and berries.  The wreath and ribbon were Hobby Lobby finds two years ago, and the ribbon is my all-time favorite ribbon ever.  I wish I had bought a lifetime supply of it. 

IMG_3095  IMG_3115

IMG_3099

Another bird friend sits on the end table holding the best Christmas candy ever.  Those little squishy peppermints are so addictive!

IMG_3109

This nativity set is something that I treasure so much.  My Dad’s great aunt made it, and it is so delicate and pretty.  The little sheep and the camel just kill me!

IMG_3155 IMG_3159

IMG_3158 IMG_3160

And finally, while I’m not usually a fan of poinsettias at all, Austin brought home a creamy white one a few days ago, and I’ve kind of been loving it.  It’s a nice seasonal addition to our table. 

IMG_3085

Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment: