Friday, December 20, 2013

Five on Friday – Vol. 16

image

Yahoo for the Friday before Christmas!  Thanks as always to A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness for hosting such a fun day in blog world.

ONE: green cup > red cup

Yes, I said it.  I am the one blogger who prefers green cups to red this time of year!  Panera lattes trump Starbucks every time in my book.  Plus, there is a BIRD on their holiday cup.  I die!  This little guy was a highlight of my day on Wednesday.  I was running around to all sorts of hearings most of the day, and this provided the perfect and most festive fuel. 

photo

TWO: treats for Mango

At one of the parking lots I frequent for various hearings, the parking lot attendant is SO nice.  He always takes care of me and makes sure I have a spot closest to the courthouse.  I’m taking him some Christmas cookies today as a little thank you.  Hope he likes them!  Oh yes, and his name is Mango – how awesome is that?

IMG_3182 

THREE: Phil

As someone who has always loved current events, I just can’t help but get swept up in the drama surrounding Phil Robertson these days.  There are so many CRAZY stories out there, and it seems like everyone on my Facebook news feed certainly has an opinion to share.  The whole thing has blown up in such a major way.  I’ve kept my mouth shut so far, but I did re-tweet this little gem yesterday from our pastor.

photo 2

FOUR: Project Life

Have y’all heard of Project Life?  A co-worker first told me about it, and then yesterday I saw that one of my favorite brands, Emily Ley, designed a Project Life layout.  I already know that a 2014 goal of mine will be to get our pictures organized for 2011 – now.  I’m debating a photo book that I can create online and have printed and bound, but now the former scrapbooker in me is very tempted to explore Project Life.  I took a screen shot of this on FB yesterday to remind myself to check into it a little more.  Has anyone done the Project Life scrapbook before? 

photo 1

FIVE: December’s card

Despite our ongoing mail debacle that I posted about yesterday, we did get my mom’s last monthly card of 2013 in the mail recently.  Isn’t it cute?!  I can’t wait to see what she’ll come up with for next year. 

photo (2)

Happy last-Friday-before-Christmas! 

5 comments:

  1. I like Panera better, too! Unfortunately there's a Starbucks right across from my office and I find myself there more than Panera. Stopping by from the link-up. Happy Friday!

    Christa
    Forever Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog from 5 on Friday and am a fan (also you are gorgeous in your profile pic!). I have never tried a Panera latte, but you have convinced me that maybe I should! They certainly can't be more expensive than Starbucks! Mango seems like a great guy, and those cookies look awesome, too - but all I can think of is the SNL Mango skits! I am sure he will love them (how can he not!?)...as for Phil. I think the backlash is pretty absurd. I mean, regardless of which way you lean (and I'm a fan of the show) It's kind of ridiculous that with all the things going on in the world, these comments are what everyone chooses to freak out about. It's just so ridiculous and out of control! There are a thousand more important things people should be more upset about.

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, sorry for that rant, lol. I just couldn't hold it in anymore!

      Delete
  3. Oooooh, it is high time for me to try a Panera latte! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jumping on the Panera train too! Green cups make me happy but the little woodland creatures who live on them make me down right giddy! ha! And I have never heard of Project Life but I am ALL about some Emily Ley!!! Love her! I'll have to check that out. Do you follow Lara Casey too? She just started a Goal Setting series yesterday...obsessed!

    Happy Weekend, Love!

    ReplyDelete