Monday, December 16, 2013

First Blog From the New Computer!

Hello from my early Christmas present!  As someone who does not always fully embrace change, I’m still adjusting to the “newness” of it, so hopefully this blog post will work.  It is taking me longer than usual to get a post together since everything looks a little different on this little guy, so I’m practicing my patience this morning. 

We have been going going going all weekend with Christmas parties galore.  On Friday, my office had a tacky sweater day and a potluck, so that started a weekend full of party food and fun for me.  My friend Lindsay rescued me from having to hunt down a sweater and let me borrow hers, thank goodness! 

We had a fun breakfast with Trip and Lindsay on Saturday morning so I could return the sweater.  She needed it for a party on Saturday, so it definitely got some good use this Christmas season.  We ran a few errands before coming home for a relaxing Saturday afternoon.  Everyone in Dallas must have been running errands too, because there was crazy traffic all day!  My Christmas cards finally arrived at the end of last week, so I worked on those Saturday and got them in the mail. That was a big relief and something I’m glad I can check off of the December to do list. 

On Saturday night we had Austin’s work Christmas party at the Perot Museum.  Neither of us had been there before Saturday night, and it was super fun to explore.  The party was a great time with Austin’s co-workers, as usual.  He is lucky to get to work with such a fun group!

IMG_3164

IMG_3163

On Sunday we had church in the morning followed by two different Christmas parties that afternoon, and then we went back to church to help with “Christmas Spectacular.”  Our choir and orchestra put together quite the show, and we helped take tickets as people arrived. 

IMG_3167

I took sausage balls to one Christmas party and cookies to the other.  The cookies were much more photogenic! 

IMG_3166

It was a full day, but it was a good day.  I just can’t believe that next week is Christmas! It just seems to have arrived so quickly this year.  There are a few more gifts I need to wrap, but I think we are ready to start our holiday travel whirlwind at the end of the week.  We will end up getting to see lots of family members on both sides this year, and we can’t wait.  Hope y’all have a great week before Christmas! 

1 comment:

  1. Y'all look gorgeous!!! Merry, merry, beautiful lady! xx

    ReplyDelete