Tuesday, November 19, 2013

These Are a Few of my Favorite Things

Linking up with the wonderful Elise today to share some current items at the tip top of my wish list this Christmas.  I don’t know about y’all, but other blogs are where I have discovered some of my best finds ever – to give and to receive! 

Favorite Things Link Up

1. The Simplified Planner by Emily Ley – image via Emily’s blog – photo credit Shay Cochrane.

ELsimplified planner

Christmas is the perfect time to get a new planner for the new year ahead.  This one is what I’ve got my eye on for 2014.  The Emily Ley products are all organized, cheerful, and pretty – quite the trifecta!

2. Calligraphy Class/Tools

calligraphy styles

Learning calligraphy is at the very top of my goals list for 2014, and I think receiving a gift that helps you learn a new skill is pretty neat.  I’d also love to take a photography course at some point.  Austin and I took a cooking class on our trip to Charleston earlier this year, and that would be a spectacular gift to give or receive as well.  Image via here – I want to learn every single one of those beautiful fonts!

3. Magazine Subscriptions

    RS cover  G&G  SL cover 12-13

This is the gift that keeps on giving!  I love to give magazine subscriptions as gifts, but I also get a lot of joy out of getting magazines each month from subscriptions that have been gifted to me.  My favorites are Southern Living (a gift from my grandparents), Real Simple (a gift from my mom), and Garden and Gun (I actually gifted this to Austin, but since we live in the same house, I get to reap the benefits of this too).

4.  Fur Vest

IMG_1285

I got a little taste of the greatness that is the fur vest last Christmas when I borrowed my sister’s.  I haven’t really stopped wanting one of my own since then!  I don’t think this trend is going out of style anytime soon, and I’m more than ready to hop on the bandwagon. 

5. Weekend Duffle

   duffle  mono duffle

My trusty Vera Bradley bag has served me well over the years, but I could go for an upgrade to something slightly more age appropriate.  This beauty from Joss and Main is straight from my “Wish List” board on Pinterest.  It would be even better with a monogram like this cute pic from The College Prepster

13 comments:

  1. Hi there! Stopped by from Down with the Dearmores! I also would love to take a calligraphy class-I am obsessed with notecards, fonts, and sending mail! :) It's a perfect gift! And another obsession of mine is Southern Living magazine! :) Hope Santa brings you a few of your favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying over this planner! I have seen this on a couple people's lists today. I haven't seen Emily Ley before today, but now I have to have that planner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I love your whole list- a lot of people have ordered that planner so I may have to switch mine! Also, love the magazine choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveeeee everything about your list!!! I've always wanted to learn calligraphy, too! That bag is something I've wanted for awhile...and of course it would be monogrammed!!

    Katie
    midwesterncharmblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every one of these ideas! Magazine subscriptions are such a great gift to give because they're relatively inexpensive but something everyone loves getting. Some of my magazines even let me gift 2 free subscriptions when I renew my own. Talk about a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love those duffel bags...funny thing...my hubs just left for a work trip today. it took me a while to dig him up a bag that wasn't pink or vera bradley. what a good little piece you've found!! i would LOVE that calligraphy fun too. and magazine subscriptions are always such a good gift!!

    couldn't agree more...i get SO many awesome tips/gifts from the blog world. i definitely am going to be checking back at these lists through the year for other family/friend gift ideas for birthdays and what not!!!

    thanks for linking up with us today, lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that duffle!! And I would love to learn calligraphy too:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. That planner!!! Now it makes me rethink my Erin Condren! Next year?? (Glad we share the same obsession with planners!) And that calligraphy...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your list items, especially the duffel and the magazine subscription idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that duffel bag and love it! So classic and durable too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A new planner is definitely at the top of my list!!

    ReplyDelete