Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Liebster Part 2–His & Hers

liebster_award

My sweet new blog friend Ashley nominated me for another Liebster award last week, so I thought it would be fun today to answer her questions but to also have Austin answer them.  I’m bending the rules just a little bit, but I wanted to change things up since this is part 2 of the Liebster fun for me.  He has been a big hit the few times he’s popped up on the blog before, so here we go!

My Answers:

1. Where do you love to vacation?  I like to travel to new places each time I go on a trip.  I’ve never been a huge fan of going to the same place for every vacay.  Some favorite places I’ve been in the past few years are Cape Elizabeth, Maine, Charleston, SC and Fredericksburg, TX.  I took a lot of road trips with my family when I was growing up, and I hope to do the same thing with our children one day. 

DSCN1275  IMG_0454

DSCN1269

       IMG_2175

2. What is your go-to online shopping site(s)?  I’m not a huge fan of online shopping, but my standards would probably be Gap, Banana Republic, and Nordstrom.


3. Cat or Dog? DOG.  I hate cats.  We really want a golden retriever when we move into a house with a yard.

goldens

4. What is one thing that few people know about you?  I do not eat sushi.  Yes, pick your jaw up off the ground.  I can’t get past the smell.  I tried a vegetarian roll one time, and I did not like it.  Also, I don’t do raw meat of any kind, so that kind of rules out sushi!


5. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  Easter egg hunts!  My sisters and I (and now Austin) get pretty competitive. 

Spring 2011 016

6. What is your dream job?  I have no idea.  Maybe a part-time job I can do from home?  That would be pretty nice!


7. Sweet or Salty?  SWEET


8. What is your favorite room in your house?  We have a little study off of our bedroom, and it is my favorite nook.  It is where my desk and computer live, so it is where I do all of my blogging. 


9. Favorite team to follow {college or pro!}  The Aggies of course!

IMG_0947

10. What blogs do you enjoy reading?  I posted about some of my favorite blogs here in a “getting to know you” post earlier this year.


11. Why did you start blogging?  I have loved following blogs for several years, and once Austin and I got married and moved to Dallas, I wanted a way to document our fun life.  I love that blogging constantly forces (in a good way!) me to take more pictures, and I love connecting with other bloggers in similar life stages! 

Austin’s Answers:

1. Where do you love to vacation?  Wherever Emily wants to go.  I have learned over our few short years of marriage that vacation is great as long as she is happy.  If she is not happy, no place in the world can be fun.  I learned this the hard way.
2. What is your go-to online shopping site(s)?  I don’t do a ton of online shopping, but I have bought stuff online from Cabela’s, Mack’s Prairie Wings, and Drake Waterfowl (all hunting related stuff).  I also get emails and enjoy reading style articles from Dappered.com
3. Cat or Dog?  Dog.  No real explanation needed there, although I prefer larger dogs like a retriever over smaller “fru fru” dogs.
4. What is one thing that few people know about you?  I used to rock the chili-bowl hair cut.
5. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  Feasting on Thanksgiving followed by a Cowboys game, maybe an outdoor activity, and then a good nap.
6. What is your dream job?  Undisclosed – people at work read this blog.
7. Sweet or Salty?  Both – can that be an answer?
8. What is your favorite room in your house?  My closet.  It’s the only place Emily lets me keep my stuff.
9. Favorite team to follow {college or pro!}  Gig’ em Ags!  Whoop!
10. What blogs do you enjoy reading?  DOMM obvi.
11. Why did you start blogging?  Umm….I only blog when Emily asks (forces) me to.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so sweet! Glad you played along for a second round--and that the hubs did too!

    ReplyDelete