Monday, November 4, 2013

It’s Wedding Month!

Happy wedding month, Mel!  Only 19 days until the big day is here.  I can’t believe it! 

IMG_2677

How in the world is it already November?  Four days in and I am still not used to writing “11” as the first number in the date on things. 

This weekend was blissfully low key for us, and daylight savings was the icing on the cake.  Austin cleaned off our porch last weekend, and we took advantage of some of this cooler weather we have been having and enjoyed coffee out there yesterday morning and this morning as well.  Porch coffee is one of my very favorite things.

IMG_2794

Another highlight of this weekend would have to be that the football stars aligned and BOTH the Aggies and the Cowboys won – a rarity!  The A&M game started at 8:00 on Saturday night, and I think I made it about seven minutes before I fell asleep.  Night games are really not my favorite. 

I made a trip to the mall on Saturday and was reminded that I hate malls on Saturday afternoons.  People everywhere!  And Christmas decorations everywhere!  I almost suffocated, that place was so crowded.  I really only like malls when the MASSES are not there and in my way.  My bad attitude about the crowded mall was only made worse when I couldn’t find a dress for Mel’s rehearsal.  Literally, I couldn’t find one single thing.  Well, I take that back, I found a dress at Nordstrom that I did like, but it happens to be the dress that my mom is wearing at the wedding.  So, I left empty-handed.  Then, on Sunday afternoon I ventured back out and fell in love with a dress that is nearly identical to the one my sister just ordered for the rehearsal.  So that was just super fun.  The search continues.  There are some random boutiques in Dallas that I’m going to check out, so cross your fingers for me that they have something!  If you have any suggestions on where to find a cute dress that would be good for winter weddings/rehearsal dinners, then I’m all ears. 

The supper that I had on Sunday night more than made up for my shopping frustrations, though.  Austin made me a grilled cheese and this is how he served it to me:

IMG_2790

Thank you dear, for that beautiful mint garnish.  He keeps me laughing, that’s for sure! 

I did finish this book this weekend, and y’all – it is absolutely HILARIOUS.  I laughed out loud several times.  Somehow I have never read the author’s blog before, but I think I’m going to have to start.  So dang funny.     

ALSTCTS

That about wraps up our weekend – hope your Monday is a good day!

1 comment:

  1. yay for wedding month!!!!!!!!!!:) and i have that book downloaded on my kindle, I so need to start it!!

    ReplyDelete