Friday, November 8, 2013

Five on Friday: Vol. 14

Hooray for Friday!  Linking up to my fave day of blogging with the gals below.

image

ONE – fall fur & fun tights

 photo 2 (5)  photo 1 (4)

I love this cardigan with a fur collar – now I’m on the hunt for a vest.  So cozy and warm on a chilly fall day!

I got a compliment on my “crazy purple legs” yesterday at work when I wore these tights.  These are definitely out of my comfort zone, but I must have gotten a wild hair and just decided to go with it.  They were fun!  Now I kind of want more! 

TWO – the best mask ever

boscia

This mask needs to get back in my life STAT.  I got it for Christmas at least two years ago and just recently ran out.  It lasted forever, and I really can tell a difference in my skin now that I haven’t been using it for a couple of weeks.  Must find more!

THREE – dinner part-ay

IMG_2806

Last night was a fun excuse to use cloth napkins – we had a couple from church over for dinner.  It was a nice change of pace from an ordinary “work night.” 

FOUR – the flower wars

IMG_2808

One of the constant themes of marriage that I’ve noticed time and time again has been the different way that men and women prioritize spending.  What I mean is, Austin may place value on something like shotgun shells and see no problem with spending money on them, whereas I have never bought a shotgun shell in my life and probably never will.  However, I love to have fresh flowers on occasion, and I can generally talk myself into picking some up at the grocery store “because we have people coming over for dinner…” or any myriad of other justifiable reasons… Anyway, I got these, and I like them, and they are a good treat – we’ll just leave it at that!  Austin still doesn’t get it.  I don’t think the flowers really do it for him the way that shotgun shells would!   

FIVE – pear season

IMG_2810

The grocery stores are FULL of pears lately, and I’m loving trying every different kind that I can get my hands on – these are Bartlett pears, and they look kind of like apples.  I have my suspicions that they will taste a bit like apples, too.  One is in my lunch box today, and I can’t wait.  Aren’t they pretty?

Happy happy happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I would have fresh flowers in my house year 'round! I think they do so much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love buying fresh flowers too girl! Guys will never understand! ;) Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your precious tights, pretty girl!!! happy friday, babe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to look into that mask! My face needs some help like ASAP!

    Stopping by from the link up!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete