Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pumpkins, Pumpkins Everywhere!

I don’t know if y’all have noticed, but there is a full on pumpkin obsession that is sweeping the nation.  To be completely honest, I’m a little over it.  I enjoy a pump of pumpkin spice (a pump of pump!) in my latte around this time of year, and the occasional pumpkin bread or pumpkin pancakes, but that’s about it.  I haven’t even made it to Ruibal’s (best pumps in Dallas!) this year to pick up any actual pumpkins yet.  This Saturday I do plan to remedy that. 

Last year I enjoyed having a few of the Cinderella pumpkins and some mini gourds scattered around during the fall, and I plan to do something similar this year. 

IMG_0911

IMG_0913

On Sunday afternoon, one of my co-workers and friends is hosting a little pumpkin painting party, so I’m also going to pick up a pump for that.  Here are some pumpkin ideas that I’m loving for fall/Thanksgiving.  Personally, I’m not a huge fan of Halloween or decorating for it, so I prefer to just go with more of a fall theme that works from September – November. 

welcome pumpkin

{welcome pumpkin from The Paper Mama via BHG}

gilded pumpkin

{gilded pumpkins from Cupcakes & Cashmere – would be cute with baby white pumpkins, too!}

table

{gorgeous fall table – I couldn’t locate the original source of this beauty}

My friend Caitlyn at Home Sweet Ruby recently posted a super cute pumpkin that she made with chalk paint, and I’m thinking of giving that a try on Sunday – we’ll see! 

Are you in or out on the pumpkin-everything craze?  Happy hump pump day!

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! I'm not so big into the Halloween decorations...but I do love me some lovely pumpkin decor just like you've posted. So pretty! So fall!!

    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete