Monday, October 21, 2013

Home Again, Home Again

I’m back from another weekend full of showers celebrating Mel and the upcoming wedding.  Missing the 5 on Friday party was an unintended consequence of rushing around Friday morning so I could leave straight from work Friday afternoon.  I was so sad to miss it!  I really enjoy blogging consistently at least three times a week, but some weeks that just isn’t feasible for me.  Hoping this week will allow for it!

On Friday evening, I headed to my parent’s house in east Texas and got there in time to catch a little bit of the homecoming football game and see Mary Katherine cheer.  It was probably my last time to see her cheer there since she is a senior and I think there is only one home game left.  Mom and I were both fading fast as the game went on, so we didn’t make it through the whole game, and we went home after half time to get a few things ready for our day on Saturday. 

Saturday morning we left bright and early to head to Ruston for Mel’s shower that morning.  She opened gifts before the shower officially started so that everything could be displayed at the shower itself, and she was in the middle of opening when we got there.  She got so many pretty things, and it is always good to be back in Ruston and see familiar faces!

IMG_2683  IMG_2684

IMG_2687  IMG_2692

IMG_2682  IMG_2695

IMG_2688

After the Ruston shower, Mammo fixed a lunch of soup and sandwiches for us. She also made us these cute little petite desserts.  After a quick lunch, we headed to Shreveport to pick up Mel’s dress and take it to the alterations place for a fitting.  This was my first time seeing the dress in person and it is absolutely beautiful!  She is wearing a birdcage veil, which is going to be so perfect with her hair and the dress – the whole thing is just going to be amazing!  I can’t wait. 

IMG_2699

After Shreveport, we headed back home to Texas and only made one more stop on our trip – supper at Newk’s where I was thrilled to get my favorite salad. 

IMG_2701

Sunday morning the weather was feeling extra fall-ish, so we made pumpkin pancakes and cinnamon apples for a late breakfast.  So delicious.  The best part of my weekend was getting to sit on the back porch Sunday morning in perfect fall weather with Mom and both sisters and visit – such a treat! Before we knew it, it was time to head to Sunday’s shower that afternoon. 

IMG_2706

The ladies that hosted this shower had everything fixed so cute, and I just wanted to take a million pictures of all the cute decorations.  More beautiful gifts were opened, and Samantha (Mel’s future sister-in-law) took some pictures of us as Mel was opening her gifts. 

IMG_2713  IMG_2716

IMG_2717

IMG_2721

IMG_2719  IMG_2714

Both showers were so fun and so lovely, and I’m very thankful I got to spend the weekend with my family celebrating Mel.  I can’t believe that the next time I see her will be in November on wedding weekend! 

IMG_2722

IMG_2731  IMG_2747

IMG_2750

And now, I’m home again, home again, at least until November, and missing my family already! 

3 comments:

  1. loving all of these shower pics lately :) looks like there are some serious pinterest-worthy details!!!

    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Newks favorite salad is so so yummy! But really everything on their menu is a winner in my book haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pumpkin pancakes look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete