Friday, October 4, 2013

Five on Friday

Happy first Friday of October!  

I'm a little late to the party today, but couldn't resist joining in my favorite link-up with April & friends even if it is 7:00 pm on Friday evening. 

ONE – We’re headed to the fair tomorrow!  Dallas is expecting a cool front tonight which should make for perfect fair weather tomorrow.  My in-laws are coming up to big D for the fun, and I think between Austin and his dad, there is going to be major excitement in the air.  It’s possible that some emails have been exchanged this week about all of the fried food on our “must try” list. 

SFT-2013-6in-square (via)

TWO – To go along with our first taste of fall weather, we’ll be having our first taste of two of my favorite fall foods.  Pumpkin bread is on the menu for our pre-fair breakfast tomorrow morning, and then Sunday we’ll be having my favorite, red beans & rice.  Yum.  I refuse to make red beans until the temperature is sufficiently fall-ish enough, and I think that magical day is finally here.

IMG_0765

THREE – My sister, Mary Katherine, and I are hosting a lingerie shower for our other sister Melanie next month as part of her wedding festivities!  I was browsing for invitation ideas yesterday and stumbled upon this cute cute cute one from Green Cherry Factory on Etsy. And, the best part is that it is a flat fee and I can have the invitations printed myself – so much more cost effective than ordering a set number of invites!  Especially since this won’t be a huge shower.  I can’t wait!  It is also customizable, so Mel – if you are seeing this – the words won’t be purple!

shower invite

FOUR – Our humble abode is about to undergo some major renovations – new floors, cabinets, countertops, and appliances.  I can’t wait!  We are renters at the moment, so I didn’t get to pick out any of the updates, but  I’m excited to basically feel like I’m living in a “new” space in just a couple of weeks.  I have a LOT of packing/moving stuff around to do this weekend, but I just have to remind myself it will be worth it when I’m washing clothes in my brand new washer or washing dishes in my brand new sink. 

FIVE – I finally feel ready to embrace fall.  After being inundated with so many PSL selfies on Instagram and that “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers” picture that is BLOWING UP my Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram feeds, I dug my heels in and was determined not to jump the gun on fall.  But now it’s here, I’m at peace about it, and it promises to be full of wedding showers and parties for Mel, lots of family time, and of course, that blessed cooler weather.  Welcome, fall. (Cute print is from Jones Design Company)

autumn-essentials

3 comments:

  1. So fun! It's nice that you're getting so many updates at your house! Love this fall print :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i pinned that fall print earlier...great mind think alike! ;) it's precious.

    and loving that invite! gonna keep it in my backpocket for later on..i'm my sister's MOH for her wedding in may! yippee!!

    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from Louisiana too, but haven't tried making red beans in a crockpot. Trying your recipe tomorrow! Thanks so much! -Amy

    ReplyDelete