Friday, October 25, 2013

Five on Friday– Vol. 13

After missing last Friday, it’s good to be back into my Friday posting routine and linking up with A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, The Good Life, and Hello Happiness today.  A happy little part of my week is that yesterday was actually my “Friday,” and I’m on my way to College Station right now for a college visit with my youngest sister, Mary Katherine.  Four day weeks are the best weeks!

ONE

Aggieland

Aggieland!  Considering I haven’t even been to a game this fall, it will be fun to see my family in one of my favorite places today.  Can’t wait to show it all to MK and see these people!

DSCF1006

TWO

photo 1 (2)

October’s card from Mom is pretty darn cute.  Love those presh little polka dotted pumps!

THREE

IMG_2681

Last week, Austin and I made what may very well be my new favorite supper creation – homemade Chipotle burrito bowls!  Chipotle is one of my go-to’s on the rare days when I don’t bring lunch to work.  I love me a burrito bowl.  Into ours went grilled flank steak, cilantro brown rice, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, salsa, cheese, and sautéed bell peppers and onions.  So delicious.  Austin had leftovers all weekend when I was out of town for Mel’s showers.   It was a fun meal to cook together after work on a week night.  We marinated the steak all day, then Austin was in charge of grilling it and sautéing the veggies while I chopped and prepped our other toppings and made the rice.  It came together very quickly, and we both loved it!

FOUR

Hill, a sweet blogger who lives in my beloved Mississippi, nominated me for a blog award recently, and I’m just now getting my act together to share my seven random facts – thank you Hill!

Versatile Blogger Award

  • I refuse to use the calendar app on my iPhone.  I love my planner, and I simply cannot convert to any other way of keeping track of my life.  Can’t do it!
  • In that same old-fashioned vein, I like writing checks instead of using a credit or debit card.  I have some chip on my shoulder about using a card sometimes – who knows why! 
  • I don’t love chevron.  Blogger blasphemy, I know!
  • Even though we live smack dab in the middle of a huge metroplex now, one day I secretly kind of want to live in the middle of no-where.  Or at least somewhere with a giant porch and a yard big enough that I don’t have to see other houses/people. 
  • I want to like sweet potatoes REALLY bad.  As of right now, I don’t care for them at all, but I really want to enjoy them, so I’m trying to convince myself I do like them.  Stay tuned… I’m fixing them to go with our supper tomorrow night. 
  • Online shopping is not my favorite… I’ll even go as far as saying that it really isn’t even a temptation for me.  I prefer trying clothes on in the store and walking out with them that very day.  I’m sure I’m in a tiny minority of people, but it just doesn’t appeal to me. 
  • I like to think that one of my secret talents is that I can find books of the Bible really quickly – must have been all that Bible drill when I was little! 

Please play along and leave me your link!  I love reading these about other people. 

FIVE

All I want to do this weekend in my downtime is hunker down with my magazines and library books.  I have a new BHG, a new Southern Living, and two library books that are just calling to me from my favorite comfy chair.  Hopefully I can squeeze in some reading time in the next couple of days! 

photo 3 (2)

HAPPY FRIDAY!

image

9 comments:

  1. That burrito bowl looks amazing! I have a few magazine's on my agenda this weekend as well. Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time in Aggieland! Hopefully Mary Katherine will not want to leave. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ches! I think she liked it - keep your fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. so glad I found your blog thanks to the link-up! now following! -planner versus phone? ALWAYS planner- haha have to have it (and have to have it customized) Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen sister! Totally agree. Thanks for following along :)

      Delete
  4. Here from the linkup -- that burrito bowl looks great! I love Chipoltle too - sooo good!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from the link-up. YUM to the burrito bowl and I love reading BHG too :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. We make Chipotle Burrito Bowls at home like once a week! Because if I didn't, I would be at Chipotle down the street ;) Hope y'all had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both - I can't believe it has taken me so long to figure this out. There is one right across the street from my office that tempts me every single day!

      Delete