Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Weekend Highlights

This past weekend in Dallas was a good one!  Austin introduced us to a new favorite lunch spot, we did our last long run before our race, my in-laws and Casey were here for a quick visit, church was great – as usual, and we watched a crazy ballgame with friends. 

Now, pulling out the WIN on Saturday would have made the weekend just about perfect, but we won’t talk too much about that.  I will say that Johnny’s still got it, and I don’t think any A&M fans are embarrassed or humiliated – we put up quite the showing against the #1 team in the country.  Really, the presence of this dip and a cookie cake at our game watching party was enough to mend my broken heart!  That right there is seven layers of heavenly goodness. 

IMG_2544

Austin’s parents and sister were in town for a college visit, and it was fun to get to see them in the morning after our run and get to have lunch with them after their visit.  Casey’s birthday is this week, so we were glad to get to see her so close to the actual day and give her her present from us tucked into a colorful card!  

IMG_2547  IMG_2548

casey card

I even found some maroon from the depths of my closet to wear on Saturday hoping that would help my Aggies get the “W” but no such luck. 

gameday

After the college visit, we all went to lunch at the Corner Market Deli on Greenville.  Definitely a new favorite place to eat in Dallas for me.  Nothing is quite as good as pimento cheese, a glass bottle coke, and Zapp’s potato chips for Saturday lunch.  Their pimento cheese tasted a lot like the kind I like to make, and their sourdough bread was also delish.  The fact that the deli is connected to Society Bakery doesn’t hurt one little bit, and I sampled a bite of Suann’s banana pudding cupcake after lunch – so yummy!  

IMG_2546

Hope y’all had a great weekend too, and that your team maybe even won on Saturday - unless your team is Alabama! 

5 comments:

  1. I think that lunch is everything I love in life. Pimento cheese?! Zapps chips?! Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seven layer dip looks amazing! Would have been a delicious with our "living room tailgate" this weekend--we also had a mexican-ish dip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fun weekend! I love the blue dish that your dip is in, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tray.. We have a problem just coming in and throwing our mail on our bar. I might need to buy a tray !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girlie! Saw your blog through the Five on Friday linkup. Loving it!!! I am just getting my feet wet in the blogging world (www.cheersyall-thehoustons.blogspot.com), and it is so fun to see a fellow Jesus-lovin' newlywed rocking it out!! Happy (almost) Friday. I think I might have to give the Five on Friday linkup a try!!! :) Elise

    ReplyDelete