Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Tray Time

Lately I have developed a major obsession with trays of all kinds. They are just so darn handy in every single room of the house. 

My newest addition to the tray collection(from Target – where else?) was purchased in an attempt to get a handle on what I like to call “the bar papers.”  Austin’s favorite thing to do when he gets home is line up his sunglasses, his keys, his wallet, his phone, any papers he accumulated that day, and our mail on the bar.  It drives me absolutely INSANE.  I was so over trying to stack all of this crap stuff up every day or put it in its other designated place, but just dropping it all in the tray is so much better! 

IMG_2554 IMG_2555

The coffee table tray has been a staple in our house since the day we moved in, and I do think it is my very favorite one.  Love that green, the gold touches, and those little feet just take it to the next level! 

IMG_2556 IMG_2557

The kitchen table tray was a necessity after we finally got tired of having to pick up the topiary, the salt and pepper shakers, and the coasters every time we needed a placemat.  All of the things that are now neat and tidy in the tray used to just sit on top of the placemats.  This is so much better – I can’t believe it took us two years to figure it out.

IMG_2553

Some of our countertop items in our bathroom also made their way into a tray.  It just makes organization-loving little heart happy to see these things looking so tidy. 

IMG_2561

And last but not least, my sister-in-law, Courtney, brought me back this tiny tray from Austria, and I love using it to drop off my everyday jewelry in the evenings.

IMG_2560  IMG_2559

I am convinced that as our home grows in the future, so will my tray collection.  I’m clearly drinking the tray Kool-Aid, but how could you not love something that is pretty, functional, and makes even messes look good?  

3 comments:

  1. trays are just such a pretty way to catch stuff that would normally be laying around! I have a monogrammed tray on my nightstand that I use for my jewelry and now I never {knock on wood} lose my rings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE trays! They are also taking over our house {along with baskets, throw pillows and the color grey}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the trays you have, they do make "messy" areas look pretty and put together!

    ReplyDelete