A big big thank you to my new blog friend M at Makeshift Margaritas for nominating me for the Liebster Award that is traveling around blog-land these days. I’m so excited to play along! I do have to say that the 5 on Friday linkup has been a fabulous way to “meet” new blog friends and discover some new fun blogs. I look forward to it every week. That is how I first came across M’s blog, and I’m so glad I did. Pay her a visit!
So the way this award works is that I have to answer the questions below then come up with a new list of questions for the blogs that I nominate for this very prestigious award. Fun, right?!
M’s questions and my answers:
1. Favorite cooking or baking ingredient? Cheese for cooking and cinnamon for baking
2. Favorite TV show? Oh gosh, well since we just finished watching the very last (so sad) season of Friday Night Lights, it has a tender spot in my heart right now. Texas Forever. Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose. Oh, I miss it already!
4. Favorite nail polish shade for fall? Oh, I am a nail polish ADDICT. For fall I love Essie “Raspberry.” Perfect pinkish-red that is just close enough to maroon for football season. #gigem
6. Thanksgiving or Easter? Easter is my all-time favorite holiday. My husband’s is Thanksgiving though. Here we are on Easter this year and last year. This is after church - sorry for the lack of lipstick, Mom! I know you are cringing! I am cringing at my lack of color on my lips, too. Also, I clearly upgraded my camera between 2012 and 2013 - the older picture is not the best!
7. Dream car? Is it lame to say a Suburban? I kind of can’t wait to drive a Suburban when I have little ones someday. Beyond that, like once I’m a hip grandma someday, I think Volvos are pretty darn cute.
8. Favorite kitchen gadget? Does a French press count? I think it does for me, and I think it is my favorite. Oh wait, this little tea gadget is a close second, or a tie for first. I really like drinking things that go in mugs, clearly.
9. What's the one makeup item you can't live without? Hands down, concealer! I am loyal to the cheap-o Covergirl with a blue top, and I could not do without it for a single day.
10. Dream job? I’m still trying to figure this one out, but for today I’ll say I’d love to be some type of adjunct professor/moot court advisor at a law school + have a side calligraphy business. Once I learn how to be a fabulous calligrapher, of course!
Vicky @ Class and Sass
Chelsea @ The Williams
Arielle @ Gracefully Southern
Brett @ Handpicked Notions
My questions for the nominees:
1. What is your favorite month of the year?
2. What is your most favorite vacation you’ve ever been on?
3. Tell us your dream meal – appetizer, main course, dessert, and drink.
4. What is your favorite city you’ve visited?
5. Is your current job what you thought you’d do/be “when you grow up?”
6. What is your all-time favorite article of clothing?
7. If you could only shop at one store for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8. What is your favorite candy?
9. What is your favorite Netflix show? (This is a selfish question – I’m looking for my next show to watch now that FNL is over in our house!)
10. What football team are you rooting for this season?
11. What is your favorite tailgate essential?
12. I didn’t want to end on an odd number of questions, so last one – who in the whole wide world would you most like to have a coffee date with?
Enjoy, friends! And if you have a blog and are reading this, please play along and leave the link as a comment – I love reading these things!!