Friday, September 20, 2013

Five on Friday!

Hello hello, it’s finally Friday again!  This Friday in the big D is supposedly supposed to bring some cooler and more fall-ish temps with it, and I’m praying that is true.  I stepped out on my porch early this morning hoping that I would feel the cool air and was hit with a blast of humidity, so perhaps the cool front is coming later today – fingers crossed!  I’m linking up as usual with April, Darci, Natasha, and Christina for what I think is the best and most fun link-up in all of blog land.

 

ONE

Race day is here! Tomorrow is THE day that we have been training for since early summer.  We are running our 20k bright and early in the morning.  We picked up our race packets and sweet neon yellow shirts earlier this week, we are drinking extra large cups of water all day, planning our pasta dinner for tonight, and hoping we get a good night of sleep!  I’m also dreaming of the brunch that is going to follow the race… can’t wait for that! 

IMG_2562

TWO

Katy Perry’s “ROAR” is getting me majorly fired up for the race.  I am about the furthest thing from a music buff, and I can’t even tell you the last time I downloaded a song on iTunes, but I think I’ll be purchasing this catchy tune today to at least listen to in the car on the way to the race tomorrow.  I never run with music, so I’m not going to start tomorrow, but a good sing-a-long in the car at 6am is probably going to happen! 

THREE

The first thing Austin said to me when I got home from work yesterday was that I made a major omission in Wednesday’s post about my tray obsession.  I forgot Harold.  Harold is the duck that lives on Austin’s bedside table that try to hype up as a vessel for his cell phone/keys/change/random stuff that men have in their pockets.  So, I’m officially adding Harold as an addendum to my previous post!  Say hello to Harold:

IMG_2572  IMG_2577

FOUR

I’ve got birthday cake on the brain since my main squeeze has a birthday next week!  I saw this recipe for Apple Pecan Carrot Cake in a recent Southern Living, and I think that’s the cake we’re going with.  Austin loves carrot cake, so this will be a fun spin on that.  At some point this weekend, I need to do my grocery shopping for the birthday dinner – can’t wait! 

2219701_LostA01897

FIVE

Do y’all read the Jenny Steffens Hobick blog?  She recently opened a shop, and I want one of pretty much everything she sells.  Her photos are so gorgeous.  This tablet with the grey Le Pens has just shot to the top of my want list.  List making would be about ten times more fun than it already is for me with this. 

JSH list and pens

Ok, off to work on our Sunday school lesson for church this week with Austin – we are teaching for the first time ever, and I’m a bit of a nervous wreck!  Happy Friday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. So fun! I've never run a 20k...we don't have any in Birmingham. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grey Le Pen pens? Oh dear. I didn't know such a thing existed. Grey is my favorite!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your race! I can't wait to see how that cake turns out--looks DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your run. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you rocked your race! And that duck-hilarious!!
    Newest follower from the 5 on Friday link-up! :)

    ReplyDelete