Friday, September 13, 2013

Five on Friday the 13th

Good morning!  Happy Friday, and more importantly, happy BEAT BAMA weekend!  Today is Friday the 13th, and every Friday the 13th takes me back to the day I graduated law school – also on a Friday the 13th back in 2011.  That was a happy day, so I have a little bit of fondness for the times when the 13th falls on a Friday, like today! 

I’m excited to link up with April & the other hostesses again this week for what has become a fun Friday tradition! 

 

ONE

Life changing chips & salsa y’all.  Chips and salsa is probably one of my top 5 favorite foods, and I think I could eat it every day of my life.  One of Austin’s co-workers introduced us to the amazingness that is Julio’s, and I just can’t get enough.  I’ve developed an obsession that I don’t see fading away any time soon.  Plus, now that it is football season, chips and salsa are kind of a must-have at all times, right?!

Julio's

TWO

My mom’s card of the month is particularly appropriate for this month and especially this weekend!  My facebook and twitter have been absolutely BLOWING UP this week with all things related to the Alabama – A&M game on Saturday.  Our house is so excited, and we will be sporting our maroon to work today and for the game watching tomorrow too, of course! 

September Card

THREE

I am in desperate – and I do mean desperate – need of a haircut and highlights.  I think I’ve blogged about my never-ending search for a hair stylist here in Dallas before, but I’m back to square one and trying to research and find a place ASAP.  If any Dallas friends are reading – do you have any recommendations?  I am about ready to start driving three hours to the lady who did my hair before I moved up here!  Me and my roots would be oh so grateful for any promising leads!

FOUR

We get People at the office for our lobby… and I kind of love it.  I think I have wanted a subscription to People for about ten years but have never bitten the bullet and gotten one of my own.  This is basically just as good… and free!  Sometimes they take a little field trip home with me for evening reading Winking smile.  

People Mag

FIVE

I’m debating a new blog design, and I’ve found myself in a massive rabbit hole of the internet this week browsing from the MANY options that are out there.  Since I’ve had my current design for almost two years, I think it’s time to change it up a little bit… stay tuned! 

Happy Friday the 13th, and GIG ‘EM AGGIES!

5 comments:

  1. I posted about the game as well...from the other side:) Roll Tide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chips and salsa are one of my loves! I pretty much eat that every day. Yikes! Happy football watching weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always trying to find my favorite grocery store salsa- guess I'll need to give this one a try. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love good chips and salsa. I think I could make a meal out of just that at a Mexican restaurant. Also, totally feel your pain on hair stylists!! When I was in college, I always waited until I flew home to get my hair cut, and it has taken me a while to find someone I love where I live now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People magazine {and people.com} are my guilty pleasures as well! I also had great luck with my new blog background on etsy!

    ReplyDelete