Friday, September 27, 2013

First Five on Friday of Fall

How about that alliteration?!  Now that it is officially fall, I feel like I can jump on the fall bandwagon with a little more enthusiasm.  I think most people have been on that bandwagon for a few weeks now!  Our weather hasn’t quite caught up to the official season change, but the mornings are cooler, which is just great.  Here we are on Friday again with another list of five – love this link up with April, Christina, Natasha, and Darci!

ONE

I’m getting a haircut and highlights this weekend, and it couldn’t be more needed!  I am at that stage where I’m so frustrated with my hair that I just have no motivation to even TRY to make it look presentable.  I wish I could wear a top knot every day to work, but TOMORROW is the day!  Hallelujah! Here are a few inspiration pictures I’m taking – I’m trying a new girl tomorrow, so fingers crossed. 

             photo 1  photo 2 photo 3

                           photo 4 photo 5

TWO

Fall TV is back!  My favorites are: Modern Family, Revenge, Nashville, and Last Man Standing.  I am planning to watch Wednesday night’s Nashville this morning while I get ready – so excited! 

nashville

THREE

Now that I’m finally approaching the fall spirit, I’m going to get out a few fallish things to spruce up around here this weekend.  This guy is one of my favorite signs of fall!

IMG_0855

FOUR

This weekend is going to be full of social outings for me, and I’m excited!  Some weekends I prefer to be a total hermit, but I’m looking forward to a birthday party, lunch with a new JL friend, and a wedding.  Two of my favorite people from our Sunday school class are getting married Saturday and my friend Brooke and I are having a girls date to attend – can’t wait!! 

hermitecard

FIVE

Honeycrisps are here!  Honeycrisps are definitely one of my top five favorite things about fall.  I was thrilled to spot them last weekend at the grocery store, and I’ve been enjoying them so this week.  I am a year-round apple lover and probably eat at least four a week, but the fall apples are really just the best.  They put regular apples to shame! 

IMG_2602

Happy Friday, friends!

7 comments:

  1. Hi There, linking up through Five On Friday. I love the pictures that you choose for hair. Wow busy weekend ahead but sounds like a lot of fun. I also love those apples too... Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was TOTALLY late to the bandwagon but I just started watching modern family from the begin and love it! I am only on season two right now but trying to eventually catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honeycrisps are my very favorite! My mother-in-law went to the mountains and brought some back for me, and then my parents did the same a few days later. Needless to say, I've been eating a lot of apples!
    The Grass Skirt

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really want to pick up Modern Family from the beginning! I hear great things!! Good luck with the hair appointment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'all totally should - it is absolutely hilarious!

      Delete
  5. I couldn't love you more already!!! Seriously!? You're speaking my language.

    1) I am absolutely in the no-motivation-to-try-to-look-presentable stage with the hair....and I'm not going home to Charlotte till November. Which means no haircut till the 1st weekend in Nov. Helloooo stringy mess. Oh well! HA! :)
    2) Hermit loving all the way. Hermit/homebody/slight introvert/?! I think I'm any/all of the above.
    3) Amen to the apples! My students used to bring me apples almost everyday simply because they knew/know I'm obsessed!!!! (Unless their squishy. In that case...straight to the trash can!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG squishy apples are the worst! Yuck yuck yuck.

      Delete