Monday, September 9, 2013

Chicken, Cappuccino, & College Football

Hello Monday!  We had another good weekend in Dallas that we kicked off with a date night at two new-to-us places on Friday.  Austin originally had a commitment on Friday night, but late in the day got word that he would be free, so he called and asked if I wanted to go on a date.  That was a great little boost in my afternoon, and gave me something to look forward to as the long Friday afternoon dragged on as most usually do.  We decided when I got home to go to Chicken Scratch after hearing about it and reading several good things about it in D Magazine lately.  It was a really fun atmosphere, and we loved everything we ate.  Their specialty is chicken, obviously, and we both had yummy chicken biscuits that I am pretty sure turned out to be the perfect fuel for our long run on Saturday morning.  The pickles were my favorite part!

photo (99)   photo (100)

AP at chicken scratch  chicken scratch

Most of the seating is outdoors on a fun patio, and we managed to stay pretty cool after stationing ourselves right by a misting fan.  The ice cold Arnold Palmers helped too! 

After our dinner, we walked around the Bishop Arts area for a little while and enjoyed going in and out of some of the cute and quirky shops there.  We ended the night at Odfellows, another place we had been wanting to try for a while.  I love after dinner coffee, especially when it is so pretty!

cap at odfellows

I am so proud of us and happy to say that we made it through our 11 mile run on Saturday morning!  My foot is struggling just a little bit – after about 10 miles, I developed a giant blister that has been causing me pain ever since, but I’m praying that heals and doesn’t continue to be an issue.  I got up on Sunday morning before church and went straight to Walmart to buy every kind of bandaid product that I thought might help, and I do think it is a little better today than yesterday. 

We enjoyed brunch and College Gameday after our run and had a pretty relaxing Saturday before heading to our Sunday School party that night.  We grilled and had tons of food, as usual at these parties, and it was good to visit with everyone! 

IMG_2539

Yesterday was church, a nap, and just doing things around the house that needed to be done – a pretty good Sunday!  Now we are gearing up for the week and getting ready for THE big game this weekend.  We’re currently debating driving to College Station on Saturday to watch at The Association… I think this is the biggest game for the Aggies in quite a long time, and I’m so excited to watch! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that chicken biscuit looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete