Saturday, September 28, 2013

Celebrating Austin!

Austin had a birthday earlier this week, and I had fun celebrating him all day long.  We started the morning off with coffee and presents and a little birthday cake baking. 
IMG_2579
IMG_2583  IMG_2599
Some new Filson, a set of monogrammed julep cups from my parents, and a new belt made for a very happy birthday boy!
IMG_2596  IMG_2594
IMG_2597
We both got home from work at an earlier than normal hour, and I made Penne alla Betsy (courtesy of PW) at the birthday boy’s request.  We watched the Modern Family premiere then an episode of our newest obsession – House of Cards on Netflix.  And, of course, there was cake!  The apple pecan carrot cake was to die for!  The best part was the mascarpone frosting – so creamy, fluffy, and delicious.  Better than cream cheese frosting by a mile in my opinion. 
IMG_2584  IMG_2587
IMG_2591  IMG_2613
It was a very happy day for my very favorite person – I’m so glad he was born!

2 comments:

  1. I really love those julep cups!! Sensing a Christmas gift...;-) Do you know where they're from? Also Apple Pecan Carrot cake, mouth watering! Looks like yall had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete