Friday, September 6, 2013

5 on Friday

Happy 5 on Friday day!  Here are five random thoughts running around in my head today as I link up with April and the other wonderful hostesses.  Thank goodness it’s Friday and the weekend is upon us.  If only it were another three day weekend! 

ONE – So, we sold our season tickets this year, but we’re hoping to still go to at least one or two games this season.  Last year, well really every year that I’ve been an A&M fan,  I had quite the wardrobe dilemma – see, maroon is not really “my color.”  I don’t particularly like wearing it BUT I can’t exactly show up at Kyle Field in any other color, so I have to get creative.  Last year I did like this one dress that I found that just had maroon in it.  I will hold on to that little guy for seasons to come.  I think I might look into getting a maroon skirt made (found this Etsy shop recently that looks promising) and then look for a cute white top to go with it.  I could also go for something maroon and white polka-dotted if I stumbled upon it… Any cute gameday dress websites I should know about?  

IMG_0769

TWO – isn’t this one of the cutest envelopes you’ve ever seen (source)?!  I MUST try my hand at this soon.

cardart

THREE – I really enjoyed this post about transitioning your makeup as fall approaches after I pinned this image onto my “Beauty” board on Pinterest.  I want that lip stain! 

falllips

FOUR – I’ve been swooning over some of the new arrivals in the latest Talbots catalog.  I really want this dress for work, and there are so many other things that I love as well for sprucing up my fall wardrobe. 

FIVE – Boots!  I want NEED some new cowboy boots desperately.  The perfect pair that is not-too-worn but not-too-polished is proving hard to find. These are beautiful… but quite the investment.  These are a little more reasonable and might have just shot to the top of my wish list.  They’re simple, a good brown, not too high of a heel but not flat, all good things in my book! 

Fryeboot

Happy Friday, friends!

5 comments:

  1. Those envelopes are SO cute! I've been looking for cool envelope designs since we'll be making our own wedding invitations. And that lip stain looks awesome. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vestique has some great gameday apparel :) arn't you so glad it's college football season?! http://www.vestique.com/collections/gameday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting some cowboy boots too! It's hard to find the perfect pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great boots! I went to A&M and completely agree about maroon!! Cute dress!

    ReplyDelete