Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sunday Shopping & Supper

After our Possum Kingdom adventure this weekend, we made sure to get back to town in time to swing by the mall for the last day of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.  Austin scooped up a couple of shirts that he was desperately needing - why is it that men can NEVER have enough dress shirts?!  It’s a great mystery of my life.  I found two work/church dresses that I loooove and that will be perfect for the end of summer/beginning of “fall” (but-still-105 degrees outside) season that we’re currently enjoying.  Austin also has been on the hunt for a Vineyard Vines tie, and he got a pretty cute one for next weekend’s wedding! 

I love to wear new clothes as soon as I get them, which is why I’m can’t even think about shopping for fall clothes right now, so I wore dress #1 to work on Monday and I’m sporting dress #2 today! 

photo (91)  photo (89)

When we got home from our shopping spree, we had two of my most favorite things for supper.  First up, a caprese salad with basil from my porch!  Yum with a capital “Y” – I also had this on Monday night after work.  So simple and delicious. 

IMG_2376

And our second course – black eyed peas, cornbread, and mom’s tomato relish.  Summer food, I love you. 

IMG_2381

We are looking forward to another good supper tonight at Whiskey Cake with friends from church.  Happy Wednesday peeps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment