Friday, August 30, 2013

::Five on Friday::

Happy Friday!  It has been a crazy week in the big D, and I’m so glad the weekend is upon us.  Linking up with April & friends on this happy day!

::ONE::

KyleField

It’s officially football season, and we can’t wait to watch our Aggies!  Oh, and guess who will be playing tomorrow?!  (In the 2nd half… Winking smile)

JF

Ever since I spotted this billboard on my drive home a couple of weeks ago, I’ve been excited for the season ahead.  Who knows what the Ags will do, but I’m pretty sure it will be fun to watch.  Go Johnny Go!

photo (97)

stadium/JF

::TWO::

photo (96)

I finally got to try The Hospitality Sweet for lunch recently, and gosh it was tasty.  I had a chicken and orzo and wild rice salad that was all kinds of good.  I can’t wait to go back!  The tiny café is right next to our church, and I know they have awesome coffee as well (Austin has brought me a latte from there before).  The sweet treats also looked delicious, and I’m not quite sure how I made it out of there on this particular day without a cookie.  

::THREE::

state-fair-sign 

The State Fair of Texas is coming to Dallas very soon!  This has never been a huge deal to us, in fact, we have only been one time – our first year in Dallas.  BUT, last night Austin was reading me this list of foods that will be making an appearance this year, and I have to say I really want to go and try some of these “delicacies” this year!  At the top of my list are “Awesome Deep Fried Nutella,” described as “Nutella is whipped with cream cheese, spread over Phyllo dough, then fried. Honey and shaved almonds top this creation.”  Also the “Texas Fried Fireball” which is basically fried balls of pimento cheese and bacon.  And I think the “Fried Thanksgiving Dinner” is at the top of Austin’s list.  It all sounds so bad but so good – kind of like I want to taste one bite of everything but two bites might make me gag!  (fair pic)

::FOUR::

photo (98)

We are getting closer and closer to race day now that September is upon us, and we have our first double digit training run on Saturday morning.  I am equal parts scared and excited!  On our last long run, we got delicious “recovery” smoothies at Smoothie King, so I’m hoping we continue that “tradition” tomorrow morning.  Other than the 10 miler, I have NO plans tomorrow, and I could not be more thrilled about it!

::FIVE::

I just have to share a few cute random pictures of thinks that my mom and sisters have been up to these last few weeks.  Side note – my favorite thing about having an iPhone and my sisters having iPhones is that we can constantly text each other pictures.  I think we text more pictures than words.  We’re working on getting Mom hooked up with an iPhone next! 

s

Cute Sip & See invitation by Mom (above)// Sweet little lambs that Mom made for a group baby shower at my parents’ church (below)

imagejpeg_0 (1)

Adorable bulletin board from Melanie’s classroom!  She has some lucky little children that get to spend all day in her precious room. 

IMG_9979

imagejpeg_0 (2)

And last but not least, this little one is a SENIOR in high school this year.  I can’t believe it!  She has already finished all of her college applications and gotten acceptance letters from 2 colleges already!  I’m so proud of her.  She texted me this pic of her “senior sign” for the first day of school this year.  

IMG_8699

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for college football! & I love those sip and see invites:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "sip & see" is such a cute concept, and I love that invitation! I totally agree about iPhone and pics/videos. My sis and I send way too many back and forth all day long, it is too fun. Thank God for technology, right?! haha. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't get past "deep friend nutella"............ that sounds phenomenal!! Yes, please!

    And what a cute invitation --- love how iPhones keep us so connected when we might not otherwise be!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend. So glad you joined our little link-up party!! :)

    ReplyDelete