Friday, August 16, 2013

5 on Friday!

It’s Friday and time for my favorite post of the week! 

ONE – Austin and I hit up the newest Trader Joe’s in town on Sunday afternoon for our groceries this week, and I’m thinking that will be a tradition we continue.  I’m a sucker for some of their pretty packaging, but mainly a sucker for the dark chocolate peanut butter cups.  I also really like their Minestrone – partially because it is good but due in large part to the can being so dang pretty!

photo (94)   photo (95)

TWO – Another praise for TJ’s – cheap flowers!  I’ve been enjoying these beauties all week.  The just match the pillows and throw on my couch, so I’m in color coordinated heaven over here.  Oh to have a bush of these in my yard one day.

IMG_2429

THREE – We’ve had some rainy and overcast weather this week in the big D, and it has resulted in some gorgeous sunrises and sunsets.  Snapped this picture of the pretty pink sky one morning this week – isn’t it just the best color?

IMG_2423

FOUR – This link up has introduced me to some great new blogs that I’m now enjoying all throughout the week.  Here are some of my newest favorites:

FIVE – I am desperate for a pedicure before tomorrow night’s wedding.  I am going to have to find a way to squeeze one in between now and then.  I’m searching for the perfect late-summer pink to go with my dress for the wedding.  Essie’s Watermelon is a longtime favorite, but I’m thinking I need to change things up a little bit and try something new.  Crossing my fingers I can make a pedi happen – maybe in this Essie “Off the Shoulder?”

Essie off the shoulder

Hope y’all have a fabulous weekend - I’ll be back with a weekend & wedding recap on Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable nail color! And I need to check out Trader Joe's...we got one near us but haven't made it over yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that nail color! And that beautiful Dallas sky that I miss so much! Cute blog (found through 5 on Fri:)! -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard about these dark chocolate peanut butter cups but haven't tried them yet. Are they the kind of thing you sit down and almost eat the whole container? I'd be in trouble!

    Thanks for mentioning my blog, so nice of you! I love yours too!

    ReplyDelete