Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Let the Training Begin

Yesterday morning Austin and I started our “training” for our 20K race coming up in September.  I am pretty proud of the fact that we did our first four mile training run in the rain!  I got some new running shoes on Sunday after church, and I think they made it just a little easier to head out the door early Monday morning. 

photo (83) 

Our plan is to build up to five miles every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, then to slowly increase our mileage on a longer run over the weekend.  We’ll eventually work up to an eleven mile run, then have a few shorter runs leading up to race weekend.  I like having the runs scheduled out and knowing that we are actually working towards a goal.  Hopefully we’ll stay motivated for all of the 5am runs to come between now and September! 

No comments:

Post a Comment