Sunday, May 12, 2013

What I Miss

Today’s topic falls on pretty much the perfect day seeing as how it’s Mother’s Day.  Something (someones?) I miss so very much is seeing my parents and really just my family in general.  I took for granted those 18 years of living at home with my parents and both sisters under one roof.  Now we are spread out all over, and although none of us are too far away for a day trip, life just doesn’t leave a whole lot of wide open free weekends to make those trips as frequently as we’d like. 

IMG_1757

Yesterday it was such a treat having Mom and Dad in town for the day.  We had brunch at Breadwinners, Mom and I discovered a super cute paper shop, we made a pass through Trader Joe’s, and we had some time to sit and visit at home.  I loved having them here, and I am already looking forward to our next trip to visit them. 

Happy Mother’s Day to my best friend, my entertainment on my daily drive home, my therapist and person I can talk to anything in the world about, and my favorite crafty beaver.  Love you!

IMG_1754

Also, happy Mother’s Day to my fabulous mother-in-law - I am so thankful for you!  Austin and I are both so incredibly lucky to have the families that we do, and not living in the same town as any of our family members is tough at times.  We MISS them a whole whole lot and look forward to all the time we do get to spend together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment