Thursday, May 16, 2013

Something Difficult

Day 16, Thursday: Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it
This has stumped me all day, y’all!  Something being difficult is such a relative term – and it probably varies day by day for most of us.  Today, to be quite honest, the most difficult thing I had to deal with was not getting too worked up/stressed out about my schedule and to-do list.  This can be a consistent issue for me, though.  I had hearings this morning and a very small window of time to eat lunch and prepare for the hearing I had this afternoon.  I kind of woke up wondering how it would work.  Not to mention, preparing for my sister-in-law’s wedding this weekend means packing and tying up loose ends at work and at home.  {I am aware of how ridiculous and un-difficult this probably sounds #firstworldproblem}  So, now the day is drawing to a close, and what do you know, it all worked out just fine. 

Something that I’d classify as a more consistent “difficulty” would just be the burden I feel for friends, family members, and/or acquaintances who don’t know Jesus.  Never before in my life has this weighed upon me as heavily as it has lately, and so I do a lot of praying for people by name because that’s all I know to do – pray for their hearts and pray for an opportunity for Jesus’ love to reach them.

Another “difficulty” that comes to mind is keeping our resolution for this year to be more old fashioned.  IPhones, iPads, and technology in general make that quite hard!   It requires a lot of effort some days to put down the gadgets.  Now that I recently discovered Candy Crush, this has become exponentially more difficult… here I go again with another #fwp.


   pics: 1/2/3

No comments:

Post a Comment