Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Day Late & A Dollar Short

Here’s one more combo post for you –> Day 28 + Day 29

Day 28 = just pictures {pics from Maine almost exactly 2 years ago}

DSCN1230

DSCN1269

DSCN1246 DSCN1266

DSCN1259

DSCN1273

DSCN1286

DSCN1277  DSCN1276

Day 29 = 5 songs that bring back memories

1. Blake Shelton – Honey Bee – this song will always remind me of the summer we moved to Dallas and studying for the Bar Exam.  I think I heard it on the radio every single day driving from bar review class to the library.  I do still love this song though!

2. Barbara Mandrell + George Jones – I Was Country When Country Wasn’t Cool – this song reminds me of all the mornings riding to school with my Dad when I was little.  We always listened to the local country station, and he loves this song.  Also, we managed to catch Paul Harvey just about every morning, and hearing anything Paul Harvey always takes me back to those truck rides as well. 

 

3.  Josh Abbot Band – She’s Like Texas – Austin and I pretend that this was our first dance song at our wedding.  It really should have been!  This song reminds me of all the traveling we did to attend the weddings of our friends in 2011 and 2012 because we always listen to it at least once on our road trips.

4. Ronnie Milsap – Pure Love – My parents, especially my mom, love them some Ronnie.  We sang a long with many Ronnie Milsap songs in the car growing up.  I love Ronnie as well, and the Ronnie Milsap station on my Pandora app is one of my very favorites. 

5. Pat Green – Wave on Wave – this song will always remind me of my late high school/early college years in Texas.  In high school I went to a Pat Green concert and thought I was just so cool.  Pat Green and really all Texas country songs all remind me of my time in Aggieland, too! 

Hurray for a short week!  I’m loving that today is already Wednesday.  We are finalizing plans for our upcoming Charleston trip and getting ready for a fun getaway with friends to Oklahoma soon as well.  Can’t wait for all the travels coming up in the next few weeks! 

1 comment:

  1. The pictures from Maine are beautiful! I'd love to visit sometime, but it'd definitely have to be in the warmer months!

    ReplyDelete