Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Day in my Life

Today’s topic is one I’ve been wanting to do for a while – a day in the life!  I am so glad the May challenge gave me the jump start I needed.  Here is a peek into my Wednesday:

5:30 a.m. – get up, get my first cup of coffee, and sit down at the table with Austin for quiet time

IMG_1795

6:30 a.m. – do some laundry, finish up part of a gift for my sister-in-law’s wedding this weekend, and make a couple of cards

IMG_1796  IMG_1804

7:30 a.m. – fold some clothes, eat breakfast (greek yogurt, granola, strawberries + blueberries… and more coffee), do a little pinning on the iPad

IMG_1800

8:30 a.m – rushing to get out the door, doing my daily stare at my clothes routine in my closet, putting on make-up, etc.  Today I also watched an episode of Revenge while I got ready. 

IMG_1805

IMG_1807  IMG_1809

9:30 a.m. – settling in at work, checking emails, and taking a look at my schedule for the day.  Just picture a desk, a computer, and lots of files/paperwork Winking smile

10:30 a.m. – take a quick break to water my topiary.  This little guy brightens all of my days.

IMG_1811

11:30 a.m. – eat my apple and peanut butter for a morning snack… and do more work

IMG_1812

12:30 p.m. leave work to run to the mall on a quick errand.  Woo hoo!  Walking outside into the humid warm air felt so good after several hours in a cold cold office.

photo (75)

IMG_1813

{don’t worry, I was at a red light!}

Came out with these beauties around 1:00!  I’m so excited to wear them all summer.  I’ve had these little guys on my wish list for a long long time.

IMG_1816

1:30 p.m. – Once I got back to my office (luckily it is a very short drive from the best mall ever) I had some leftover taco salad for lunch.  Delish!

IMG_1817

Now, the afternoon would have been really boring to document – me working at my desk – so just picture about 5 more hours of that!  I did have an iced coffee break in there around 3:00, and that was a highlight.  It rained today in Dallas, so this was my view out my window… thrilling stuff, right?!

IMG_1820

6:20 p.m – time to head home!  Luckily the traffic today wasn’t too bad, and I made it home pretty quickly. 

IMG_1823

The rain made for some foggy skyscrapers in downtown when I got off the highway.  Clearly, at another red light here, btw!

IMG_1824

The night has involved more laundry, watching the weather channel with Austin to monitor the storms in DFW tonight, catching up on each other’s days, and typing up this post!  Oh, and we had some honey bunches of oats for supper, haha!  Now I’m pretty sure it is starting to hail outside, and I think we should batten down the hatches and that I should get this post published before the power goes out on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment