Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Weekend Happenings

Thankfully, our weekend was pretty low key.  I went to a fun bridal shower brunch at La Duni on Saturday morning for one of my co-workers.  I had never been there, but I think I might have had the best cappuccino of my life.  I kind of haven’t been able to stop thinking about it or planning my next visit. 

After the shower, I did a little bit of shopping while Austin played golf with a friend, then we both came home and took a delightful nap.  This tasty rice and beans + guac was for dinner (thanks to ELR!), and then we went for a walk – perf Saturday nigh! 

IMG_1732

Sunday was church and a meeting after church, then on Sunday afternoon I went to Plano with Austin for his summer league lacrosse game.  Another couple from our Sunday School class was there, so I had a watching buddy, and then we all went to the new Newk’s in Plano after the game.  I was tickled that we drove right by Newk’s on our way to the game!  I have to say it wasn’t quite on the level of my beloved Newk’s in Jackson, but my salad did not disappoint. 

IMG_1735

Yesterday I was in a little bit of a funk, and hearing the terrible news from Boston made that even worse.  Sometimes it is just so hard living in this world!  I let myself get so discouraged by all of the bad things in the world, all of the people who don’t know Jesus, and sad circumstances that seem to affect so many.  Of course, this morning when I went to read my Proverbs 31 devotional, these are the key verses for today:

Proverbs 17:22, "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."

Ephesians 3:16, "I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit."

2 Corinthians 12:9 "And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Only God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment